• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

chocolate vs/ other varieties

has anyone else noticed their chocolate peppers grow faster than other superhots?
just wondering cuz at least w/ my bhuts and Nagas the chocolates seem to be out pacing the yellows and reds by almost 2x same soil same start date same nutes, it is just kind of odd I guess I was just wondering if anyone else has noticed this phenomenon

I've noticed in Bhuts my Choco's seem to be way more prolific, and a bit larger.
Not sure mine grew faster thinking back.

But my Douglahs are very slow growers!
and slow to produce.
Ive been known to yell at them and shake my fist!

:cool:
Kevin

Does seed quality matter at all? Just curious. I would like to comment on my plants but they are seeds I purchased so I don't want to comment without knowing 100% that they are true. I did notice some of my seedlings jumped out ahead of others and some of those have been eventually passed up by the slow growers.

yeah my douglah is slow growing too, but it is about the same as the rest of my 7 pots except the seven yellow is growing much faster, and w/ bigger leaves, the barrackapore also is much bigger, but the barrackpore is almost 2 months older than the rest ;) it is mostly the bhut and naga that are growing faster

the seeds from the all of them were mine from last year except the chocolate naga which I got pods from a friend and saved the seeds, and all my seeds were saved and dried the same way so I 'm not sure that's it who know's just good genetics I guess! I'm just gonna count myself lucky, the chocolates are doing well cuz they taste so yummy!

yeah I love those choc bhuts!

my chocolate bhuts were really super slow to germinate, but they are a good 5" or more taller than everything else, except for maybe a random Tepin that suddenly decided to sprout up the last 2 weeks for some random reason, but that one is also a few weeks older, and was shorter for a while until the "oh I think I will take off" moment

the 3 tall chocolate bhuts are my favorites so far, just because of how fast they are growing.. can't wait for the chocolate TS to grow up, but they are in solo cups still

Back