• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Chuk Hell's "Bad Ass Sauce"

Sauce: Chuk Hell's "Bad Ass Sauce"... Salsa De Habanero
Ingredient's: habaneros, lime juice, onion, garlic, apple cider vinegar, habanero powder, tequila, salt, pepper.
Tested on: Santitas white corn Tortilla chips.

One of the things that I love about being in the sauce biz, is that on occasion I receive samples of home-made sauces for my input.
So today I dug into a jar from Mr Hell. Not just any jar mind you, but a very limited jar that was handcrafted with a pic of Chuk, and it was signed and numbered!! 1/8!! I didn't notice the number until after I had opened up the jar. Did I just open the NUMBER ONE jar!? :banghead: I guess only a collector would understand.
Anyway, check this out. Chuk's got a great sauce here. Very appealing orange color with a nice aroma to match. My first impression in regards to the aroma was Habs and Tequila! Very good match in my honest opinion. All of the ingredients blended very well together, making for a pleasant balanced flavor. Talk about heat! This sauce has plenty of it. Along with the flavor, the heat was instant, and lasted for about 10 minutes after my last sample. The salt from the chips made it almost like pouring acid onto my raw tongue. ;) I loved every second of it!

In closing, I think that Chuk has a winner here. Add this to your "must have" list if and/or when it becomes available for retail sale.
Cheers!
Cap'n

habanero powder..??...comon chuck..put the real thing there..!!!..i know it cuts cost..but real ingredients are better then powder..

Nice review Cap...Good job Chuk, if you have ready by Austin Hot Sauce festival we will buy a few, sounds good.

marcosauces said:
habanero powder..??...comon chuck..put the real thing there..!!!..i know it cuts cost..but real ingredients are better then powder..
Ingredient #1

Sickmont said:
Maybe to creep up the heat level just a little bit more without it going overboard?

Bingo!

The powder is just a little heat boost...and there's not much in there ...maybe a teaspoon. On the other hand the recipe includes nearly 100 fresh habs.

This is my stab at an "extreme" sauce w/o the use of extract.

Back