Ciao From Toronto

Ciao!

My husband is the pepperhead, but he doesn't have much time for visiting forums, so I've offered to gather information for him here. I use peppers in my cooking, but I'll admit, the ornamentals are the ones that appeal to me at first glance and also jalapeno, serrano, and anaheim types simply because they're the ones I use the most. Duane has started getting more and more interested in the scary hot ones. He grew Fatalii a few years ago and we both liked how it flavoured salsas and other dishes. I think he would be delighted to try some of the ones I've seen a lot of keen interest here such as the Naga, Bhut, and Scorpion varieties. He's got all the peppers started now, but I hope some of you will save seeds during this season and have more of the rare ones available for next year.

I'm very interested in canning options, so I'll be checking the recipes section I think quite a bit. I grow other members of the pepper family myself, mainly tomatoes, eggplants, and tomatillos.

I'm happy to be here and learn as much as I can. :)

Welcome from Fort worth, Texas...

but if your hubby is the gardener, he needs to have fun on the "growing hot peppers" forum

Welcome from South Carolina!

I'd love to see any tasty eggplant recipes you have, this is the first time I've grown them from seed.

Welcome fellow Torontonian!!!

PM me and maybe we can swap some seeds. I'm fairly new as well and am in the GTA!

Welcome from Ohio
action-smiley-065.gif

Ciao a tutti-

Per your request, I've posted my recipe for Caponata, an appetizer my father's Sicilian family is known for, in the recipes section. Like so many dishes, this one is the best when home-made from scratch with love, but it does take time. I make it at the height of the tomato and eggplant season when they're plentiful and at their peak. You'll need quite a few.

Enjoy!

Back