• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

pod Clavo Red

anyone grow the Clavo Red before?  I had some old seeds laying around that I had gotten from an old seed train and one germinated.  The pods are like 1-1.5" long in a pendant shape.  They seem to grow purple and then ripen to red.  The weird thing that I am seeing is that once they turn red, the pods start shriveling up quickly.  It is hard to get a ripe pod off of the plant that hasn't started shriveling up.  Just wondering if this is normal for this plant.  Maybe it was crossed, who knows.

Not before but I have one plant growing this year. Pods are still very small but all green with a smooth skin. According to the vendor's pics mine should get to 3 inches long when fully mature but it is still way too early to tell!

The soggy when ripe sounds like the purple UFO that I grew. One pheno was a Cayenne shape instead of the UFO shape and it was extra soft when ripe. They were also purple ripening to red.

I know the boss man was wanting some clavo red peppers, and I would also be interested in seeds if yours turns out to be true to type Bou.

Walchit said:
The soggy when ripe sounds like the purple UFO that I grew. One pheno was a Cayenne shape instead of the UFO shape and it was extra soft when ripe. They were also purple ripening to red.

I know the boss man was wanting some clavo red peppers, and I would also be interested in seeds if yours turns out to be true to type Bou.
No problem mate, if they turn out good I'll let you know. In that case I'll save some seeds for you and the Boss. Don't hesitate to pm me in September if I forget to give you an update later on!

Never grown the red but have grown the peach several times.  3-3.5" smooth pods and a keeper for sure.  

Bou said:
Not before but I have one plant growing this year. Pods are still very small but all green with a smooth skin. According to the vendor's pics mine should get to 3 inches long when fully mature but it is still way too early to tell!
Bou, what vendor did you get your seeds from?

First wave pods but I think we are going in the right direction with these:

Attachments

• Clavo_red1.jpg
    Clavo_red1.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 111
This pepper still interests me! Anyone who grows it, can post back about the supposed sustained burn time? The lingering heat for a non-superhot piqued my interest.

This pepper still interests me! Anyone who grows it, can post back about the supposed sustained burn time? The lingering heat for a non-superhot piqued my interest.
I have a few red pods hanging on the plant atm, I'll let you know tomorrow after work once I gave them a try!

More of a slow ramp up to peak (6 minutes) of a prickly heat, and sweet and delicious according to below. Very interested! Let me know what you thought.

@The Hot Pepper @Walchit Hi guys, I tested a pod half an hour ago. Nigel's review is spot on; quite crunchy fruit with a nice creeping glow mainly located under the tongue (talking about a very manageable heat here). The only difference would be that mine wasn't as sweet, maybe due to the fact that it's the first flush of pods. Very pleased with it overall, even if I do prefer the yellow version I had last year (out of a Clavo white F2) wich was a tropical bomb!! The plant is in a shady spot and I'm pretty sure it would be loaded af if it was sitting under full sun. If you would like to have some seeds just it me up!

Attachments

• Clavo_red.JPG
    Clavo_red.JPG
    78.6 KB · Views: 111
@The Hot Pepper @Walchit Hi guys, I tested a pod half an hour ago. Nigel's review is spot on; quite crunchy fruit with a nice creeping glow mainly located under the tongue (talking about a very manageable heat here). The only difference would be that mine wasn't as sweet, maybe due to the fact that it's the first flush of pods. Very pleased with it overall, even if I do prefer the yellow version I had last year (out of a Clavo white F2) wich was a tropical bomb!! The plant is in a shady spot and I'm pretty sure it would be loaded af if it was sitting under full sun. If you would like to have some seeds just it me up!
Nice, Extended placenta right down to the very bottom.

Reactions: Bou
Back