• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

cloning Cloned Trinidad Scorpion Pepper

Hey guys. Before the frost hit, here in Canada. I cut off a branch off my Trinidad Scorpion pepper, as I got it at a nursery and it was started too late in the season.

Since I only managed to harvest 2 pods off of it, I figured I'd experiment with cloning. I took a cutting off about 6 weeks ago, dipped the end in liquid root stimulator, and planted it in perlite that I've been changing the water every other day.

It has finally started to have new growth. When do you believe it'll be ready to be transplanted into soil?

Attachments

• 20181008_000621.jpg
    20181008_000621.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 84
  • 20181117_103808.jpg
    20181117_103808.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 69
It will be ready when it grows roots. Unfortunately, that will be kinda hard to know since it's already "planted". They can grow leaves, flowers and tiny pods for months in a bucket of water before they grow roots.

DWB said:
It will be ready when it grows roots. Unfortunately, that will be kinda hard to know since it's already "planted". They can grow leaves, flowers and tiny pods for months in a bucket of water before they grow roots.
Damn! I was hoping that new growth was a sign of root development. I'll have to keep an eye on it and check to see if there's any roots coming out of the drain holes. I've been adding a little CalMag and Liquid Seaweed to the water about once a week. Thanks for the info!

Back