misc Coffee grinder?

Hey all,

Is a good ole coffee grinder the best way to powder dried peppers? What about for volume? Robot Coupe, Cuisneart, Magic Bullet, Large mammal?

ChefEx said:
Hey all,

Is a good ole coffee grinder the best way to powder dried peppers? What about for volume? Robot Coupe, Cuisneart, Magic Bullet, Large mammal?

A food processor works well, but is illegal in DEFCON HQ, as it runs on electricity. I prefer a large mortar and pestle, it grinds up the seeds better.

Coffee grinder... Although, we have an industrial blender/shredder that is extraordinary; Course, that's a little out of the average chili-head's kitchen equipment budget.

T

Nope. I prefer the old world method than to just plug in an electric automaton and allow it the pleasure of being one with the pepper. To utilize only non-electrical machines make me more proud of the ZERO, as sweat, injury and many a teary eye go into the making of it.

Actually, I had another recent injury in the creation of the Batch #3 (aside from the concentrated habanero facial a couple weeks ago, thank God for goggles.). During one of the processes, when liquid CO2 is used as a shock agent, one of the o-rings ruptured, and I got a 4-5 second point blank shot of liquid CO2 on my left wrist (I was actually able to tap my fingernail on the exposed area and it really made a click.). 2nd degree cryo-burn, pretty cool, huh? (no pun intended). Nothing like frostbite in June...I guess now I know first hand some of the trials and tribulations Tina must endure.

Man, the Batch #3 is becoming quite personal now...

DEFCON Creator said:
Actually, I had another recent injury in the creation of the Batch #3 (aside from the concentrated habanero facial a couple weeks ago, thank God for goggles.). During one of the processes, when liquid CO2 is used as a shock agent, one of the o-rings ruptured, and I got a 4-5 second point blank shot of liquid CO2 on my left wrist (I was actually able to tap my fingernail on the exposed area and it really made a click.). 2nd degree cryo-burn, pretty cool, huh? (no pun intended). Nothing like frostbite in June...I guess now I know first hand some of the trials and tribulations Tina must endure.

Man, the Batch #3 is becoming quite personal now...

And now we know why I don't swim in hazmat vats.

for the record... does it really get that much colder here than it gets there?

T

Tina Brooks said:
for the record... does it really get that much colder here than it gets there?
Going on experience of being in Canada a few times compaired to the rest of The United States of America...yes. Although, Cleveland, Ohio(where I was born and raised for 20 years) comes VERY close to your snow and cold winters.

I've seen photographs of certain parts of the US covered in blankets of snow and truth be told most of New England, North Dakota and Minnesota are all further North than I am.

(I'll even pretend that Alaska doesn't exist.)

T

Back