• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

condiments Coffee Jelly.. Where have you been all my life?

I'd never heard of Coffee Jelly until a jar arrived on my porch with some other treats from Central America.. Thanks Dieter!!
I was a little at a loss on how to use it until I drizzled some on a chocolate brownie.. My mind is reeling with ideas. I'm really stuck on the idea of cheese coffee cake with this instead of the normal icing drizzle.

How do others use this fine ingredient/condiment?
1646499090136.jpeg

I'm glad you like the coffee jam. It was a bit of a gamble... It has all the aroma of coffee without the bitter and adds a good deal of sweet.

I felt a bit lost when I tried it for the first time as well, because although the taste is super, it doesn't really tell you how to combine it with other foods. The idea to spread it on bread (it's what I usually do with jams and marmelades) sounds just odd... I prefer to use it on cake and the occasional pancake.

Hmmm. Maybe a french toast bagel with cream cheese and coffee jelly. Yes, we have a bagel flavor here called french toast. Trying to figure out the best bagel for it! I'll have to look for this.

Can you post the ingredients? Pic?

Maybe with cheesecake?

I definitely thought pancakes, waffles or even french toast.. After tasting it.

Very basic ingredients, in order: Coffee, sugar, pectin, water.
As you can see by the fork, it has the consistency of a medium syrup.. Like honey, maybe a touch more fluid.
I came up with an entirely different looking product when I tried to google Coffee Jelly.

Back