coffee-tea Coffee

Got my Kona today, basically with the exchange rate it came to $45/lb, hope it was worth it.
Roasted late afternoon, looks different so used caution.

hYQJnnT.jpg
OtcaIhj.jpg

Oh man thats GORGEOUS!!!

On a side note i just ordered a new Brunn Velocity Brew BX for $84. My old coffee brewer acted up on me and im sick of all the electronics i never use. This is supposed to be a commercial quality brewer assembled in Illinois.

I still prefer the bodum, like for it to sit for 7min, you dont have to worry about bitterness when using good coffee.
Cant wait to try my new coffee tomorrow  :D

Butterscotch, buttery, reminds me of the McIntosh Toffee I ate as a kid, thats the main taste I get.
Gonna do a bit darker roast today, if the temps pick up, hard to roast outside at -20c.

LnBNX5y.jpg

After using up all my Parry Estates i tried a Kona blend from Costco, It is also from Parry Estates. I normally avoid the blends like the plague. This one however is nice and only $12 for 2lbs of beans. It blows away the Kirkland Colombian Supreme i get occasionally. They no longer carry the Magnum Peruvian coffee i was getting.

Tried my second Kona Roast, a bit longer roasted.
Hard to describe, a bit of a chocolaty taste and then after a bit the butterscotch comes in lightly. Taste good however I like the first one better since its more unique with the strong butterscotch taste. Now to duplicate it again.

KMvbqxM.jpg

Thats my preference too. Both Kona and Blue Mountain taste better with a "lightish" roast. Caffeine kick seems higher too with the lighter roast. Good Kenya coffee isnt bad on the lighter side too and a helluva lot cheaper.

I bought 7 types, 13lb to restock from cuppers this week. at $45cdn/lb I would not buy again, nice change but untill the exchange rate gets better I would not, I have 4 lb and will last a while.

Green Beans
----------------------
2 lb Tanzania Peaberry

2 lb Ethiopian Yrgecheffe

2 lb Guatemalan

2 lb Costa Rica

2 lb Peruvian

2 lb Peruvian Decafe
1 lb Brazil Santos

Playing around with my Kona, did 3 roast's with it and all diff flavours, trying to get like the first one, re-roasted the third try with a few more cracks, see if I got closer in a couple days, would be nice to have a proper roaster but have to wait for a windfall :)

C3nq2G6.jpg

This guy got a bit more heat then I wanted, had someone over and got distracted, burnt so will have lost allot of flavour, fine for many people since their used/like their "Burnt" coffee. Will find out tomorrow how it tastes, or find some desert for Lunch :)

KYeGpfD.jpg

dragonsfire said:
This guy got a bit more heat then I wanted, had someone over and got distracted, burnt so will have lost allot of flavour, fine for many people since their used/like their "Burnt" coffee. Will find out tomorrow how it tastes, or find some desert for Lunch :)

Try them cold brewed

Back