• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cold Temps here in FL

Hey guys! I read through the guide to over wintering but I still have a question. I live in Tampa, FL and I have to 2.5' tall Chocolate Hab plants that are struggling with this cold winter. They currently have 100+ buds on each and I have them in 3 gallon fabric pots, I only use bone meal, fish emulsion and organic matter. Temps have been getting down to the 40's and 30's in the evening so I have been bringing them into my garage,

Can I simply trim them down to the "Y" and leave them in the pots until spring, and then re-pot to new soil at that time? Sorry if this has been asked before but I am fairly new to all of this.

Thanks in advance

Its been cool here though not as cold as Tampa, there are more than a few people on here from your neck of the woods hopefully one will see this and give you a heads up. I have most of my plants next to the house though there is more than 50 in the ground away from any structure, 6 been in the ground for a couple years. I wrapped em the first year last year nothing. It did drop below 32 here a few times last winter, had some leaf and bud drop but they made it through ok.

Back