• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Cold Weather Peppers

If the seeds germinate, anyone know a pepper that can survive from 63 to 78 year around? That's 12-19 degrees celsius.

I have a few tomatoes from Siberia that can grow in 60 degree weather....

I think just about any pepper should grow in those temps. Maybe not as fast as they would grow at higher temps, but they will grow. Are you growing indoors?

here in San Diego,ca we range from upper 30's-75 in the winter and up to 95 in the summer, and all my plants are on a balcony getting sun from 9am-sunset and slowly growing!

It's not for me actually. I grow even superhots no problem here in Toronto, Canada. I was just wondering if there were certain varieties that could grow in that range.

most jalapeno and cayenne will do fine
some other super hot might have more problem but will still grow (probably just more compact)
you can look for early harvest type of peppers (60 to 90 day range) those will give you better yeild the time you build up your experience and confidence
once the pepper bug will hit you you will make yourself a germinating place, put some heat moisture control place to grow other peppers in you house... youll find a spot!!! and you will go for those superhot. go one step at a time

i currently grow of all style in my basement with t8 fluo and goes great so far... cant wait to be in may to put those babies outside! i already have some 5 inch tall choc fatalii and some peach Bhut. My Naga Viper are in a good streak and also my Brain strain. my most tough one are cayenne... cant kill those... incredibly strong

so dont worry. once that plant has some good leaves and you give plenty of light and love it's fine nature is very tough when the good ingredients is there .
so good soil, light, water, some nutrients once in a while and you should grow yourself nice plants. if you see nasty bugs get rid of them or kill them.

Happy Growing!

Back