• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Compact Aerogrow Systems?

It may not even be possible, but can someone point me in the direction of DIY or reasonably priced kits that would let me grow a plant or two (peppers) in my bedroom with a quiet setup? The light cycles are easy to control, so no problem there.

Wondering if this is even possible. Essentially the DIY equivalent of an Aerogarden. It would help with the winter blues, and maybe to protect some of my more sensitive/more rare species.

Not sure if you realize it or not, but if you give a pepper plant the right type of light and nutes it can get VERY large. Those little gardens will only work for a few weeks then the plant will out grow it. I started off with several plants in an extra bedroom closet about 6'x10 with a HID light and a fan and I ended up only having enough room for 2 plants after about 6 weeks and even then they where very crowded.

Not sure if you realize it or not, but if you give a pepper plant the right type of light and nutes it can get VERY large. Those little gardens will only work for a few weeks then the plant will out grow it. I started off with several plants in an extra bedroom closet about 6'x10 with a HID light and a fan and I ended up only having enough room for 2 plants after about 6 weeks and even then they where very crowded.

Depends on the plant, too. My intent was to grow some 18-24 inchers and prune liberally. And only one, *maybe* two plants. Whatever will be tolerated.

Back