• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

powder-flake Compmodder26's Review Series For Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders - 2013-08-15 7 Pot SR Review Posted

Tonight I begin my review series for Joyner's Hot Pepper Powders.  I just received the box of pods from him and thought I'd give you guys a little teaser as to what will be covered.

Top (Left to Right): 7 Pot SR ?, 7 Pot Brain Strain, White Bhut
Middle (Left to Right): Chocolate Moruga Strain #2, Chocolate Moruga Strain #1
Bottom (Left to Right): Naga Morich, 7 Pot Rennie
P8070031.JPG

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Awesome, they arrived in good shape!

Yes indeed.  Choco Moruga #1 has one soft spot on it, but the rest are perfect.  Going to do Choco Moruga #1 first to make sure it's as fresh as possible.

compmodder26 said:

Yes indeed.  Choco Moruga #1 has one soft spot on it, but the rest are perfect.  Going to do Choco Moruga #1 first to make sure it's as fresh as possible.
I think that was the one that barley fit in box, wonder if it got squished a tad. Looking forward to hearing what you think I if, I cut one open last night but it is unstable clearly. 

Those look like some awesome pods!

Very nice box of heat Joyners!
Where did you get your Chocolate Moruga seeds from?
I got mine from Grant @JungleRain.
compmodder26 said:
So it looks like your starting out with a BANG! Bravo Brian
Joyners grows some beauties doesn't he?

megahot said:
Very nice box of heat Joyners!
Where did you get your Chocolate Moruga seeds from?
I got mine from Grant @JungleRain.

So it looks like your starting out with a BANG! Bravo Brian
Joyners grows some beauties doesn't he?

Jon, Chris grows some outstanding pods.  And yes, gonna dive off the deep end yet again.  Should be interesting ;)

JoynersHotPeppers said:
The wife and I just had a piece from the fat golf ball shaped variety, very hot and tore her up! Can't wait for the video!!!

Now you've got me even more intrigued.  Is there something wrong with me when you talk about people being torn up from eating a pod, and all it does it make me want to try it more?

compmodder26 said:

Now you've got me even more intrigued.  Is there something wrong with me when you talk about people being torn up from eating a pod, and all it does it make me want to try it more?
No, that is the expected result and a well chosen phrase by me. She had hiccups in 20 seconds. 

Last night I reviewed the Chocolate Moruga Scorpion #1.  The taste was phenomenal.  Very sweet and fruity.  Not a hint of earthiness or bitterness.  The heat was a bit lacking however.

Here is my rating for heat and flavor:
Heat - 6
Flavor - 9

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOwNY3BWjuk

Great review Brian! That was a mouthful for sure and I will always take flavor over heat. Looking forward to the rest of the reviews. Thanks again

Chocolate Moruga Scorpion #2

This pod was pretty much a polar opposite to the "Strain 1" pod I did before it. Heat was exponentially higher and the flavor was not even closely familiar to the first pod. An hour after eating it, I started getting stomach cramps that lasted for about 2 hours.

Heat: 9
Flavor: 7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDy-qrF_uLk

Back