• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Congratulations, it's a Numex!

Happy birthday to my latest green kids, born on Cindo De Mayo! I have a dozen Numex "Heritage Big Jim", 3 "Heritage 6-4", both are New Mexico chile cultivars that claim to have 5x the flavor of other green chiles. Also have a couple of these heatless Habaneros called "Trick or Treat" that sprouted this morning :D 

It's a little late in the season for starting,  but the first package of seeds I received from NMSU unfortunately didn't survive the trip to me and never germinated. Probably sat in my mailbox for too long and cooked (I'm in Phoenix). Have a near 100% germination rate on the latest batch.

18278547_10154266015681595_203555070197615058_o.jpg

:dance: Happy Birthday to the Kids   :dance:                       
                                                                                                  ! OLE !
                                                                            :party:

Im not sure if i ever tried the Big Jim Heritage but the regular Big Jim is very very tasty. This year i went with regular NuMex 6-4 and Lumbre. My Sandia Select seeds wont germinate and its getting a bit late to try again.

Mr.CtChilihead said:
My Big Jim's didn't sprout this year..Very good pepper..

My first batch of seeds were also no-sprouters. NMSU was kind enough to replace them for me, and the new ones are close to 100% germination now.

Back