• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Conjoined Stems?

Hi, everyone,

I tried to look into the oddity I have on my own, but I'm guessing I don't know the correct terminology, as my search ended up with the majority talking about purple stems. Maybe they are connected, but I figured go to the experts. Here's a few images to visualize what I'm taking about...

What is that?

The plant (Anaheim) seems content enough, and is growing taller than the other two of the same type, and has just as many forming flower buds (one connected to the branch in the images is curling back round on itself, but apart from that... seems absolutely fine. So, do nothing, or step in?

Regards

woodlouse said:
Hi, everyone,

I tried to look into the oddity I have on my own, but I'm guessing I don't know the correct terminology, as my search ended up with the majority talking about purple stems. Maybe they are connected, but I figured go to the experts. Here's a few images to visualize what I'm taking about...

DSCF3854.jpg

DSCF3856.jpg

What is that?

The plant (Anaheim) seems content enough, and is growing taller than the other two of the same type, and has just as many forming flower buds (one connected to the branch in the images is curling back round on itself, but apart from that... seems absolutely fine. So, do nothing, or step in?

Regards

Try clicking > Boundless Biology-Stems   < for info on Stems.

PS - If you want some help with posting those bigger pix let me know.

Back