beer Considering getting back into homebrewing....

I used to brew a LOT. Probably, too much.  But, I haven't messed with it in years.  I'm toying with the idea of getting back into it... it can be a lot of fun, but i used to bottle everything in 22oz bombers, which is a pain in the azz.  What kind of head do y'all get using corny kegs with CO2 tanks, assuming your brew and glassware are somewhat close to optimal?

Yeah?  Sounds good.... i guess i just recall, WBITD, all the CAMRA-type douches were going on about mouthfeel and quickly dissipating head and whatnot, so i figured i'd just stick with bottle-conditioned.  But, these days, I don't think I want to get back into sanitizing those bottles all day.  I guess i'll give it a shot....

I'm in the process of moving; I was taking inventory of my brewing equipment and seeing what's still usable.  Plenty of caps and a capper, but that's not good now.  Couple of racking canes, one glass carboy--i vaguely remember giving a few of those away.  Plastic bucket fermenters look a bit.... gross.  I'll probably retire them to garden-duty, and buy new ones.   I've got airlocks a-plenty, as i've used them for sauces/other fermented foods.  But, to a large extent, I'll be starting over.  The cooler I used to sparge in looks dodgy, too.  So, yeah, once I settle into the new residence, I'll probably make something chill and easy, and ease myself back into it....

Thanks for the encouragement, y'all!

Back