• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

container Container Mix and Parts

Hey all,

What I am wondering is, what has been your most successful mix of parts for container growing? 

Note* I will be using 5 Gal Pales. I will also be placing 2" of medium size rocks on the bottom for both weight and drainage.

Do you think there is a textbook preferred hole size to drill and spacing as well?

How high up should I go with holes on the sides of the bucket or do you think its not a great idea to put holes on the sides and only the bottom?

Thanks for reading.

StupidHotPeppers said:
What I am wondering is, what has been your most successful mix of parts for container growing? 

Note* I will be using 5 Gal Pales. I will also be placing 2" of medium size rocks on the bottom for both weight and drainage.

Do you think there is a textbook preferred hole size to drill and spacing as well?

How high up should I go with holes on the sides of the bucket or do you think its not a great idea to put holes on the sides and only the bottom?

There was a great discussion on hole size & substrate in pots here.> Irrigation interval - 24 or 48? There's plenty on media mixes (Please don't call it soil.) and we'll get to that....

Reactions: Bou
Well, I am planning to use about 5 gallon Pots in which I will be planting several types of hot and some less hot
peppers.  They will not ship until the week of April 27 now because I did not properly submit my order.

I will be growing every type from super hot habaneros to even some sweet peppers, and about everything in between.

Back