Convection/Microwave/Grill Oven arriving Thursday

I've been wanting a convection oven for months. Then our microwave died - can't complain. We've had it for about five years, maybe longer, and it does get used a lot. Unfortunately, any funds I could scrape up went toward buying seeds, starting media, potting mix - all those things I need to grow produce this year. But a couple of days ago, I collected and wrapped up change from newsstands, cans where I add change each week, the ash tray in the car, etc. Yesterday, I ordered one. Just in time for Easter, a spiral ham, sweet potatoes, mac n cheese! I know, it isn't big enough to hold of this but it should cut down on cooking time. Luckily, my son is familiar with using them so hopefully I won't turn stuff into char!

Mike

I also have a micro/convection/grill. You'll love it.

Interesting.... we have an old Monkey Ward's stove that has a micro built in the bottom, probably 30 years old, just bit the dust a month ago... I surely want a full size convection oven for the wifey to bake with.

The grill feature is a little misleading. It's a top element but it works well for open-faced sandwiches with cheese and other things. It's on half, and with the turntable and stand, it cooks evenly.

It arrived, now I need to give it a try. I suspect there will be a lot of trial and error before I get it down, though the ability to sort of automate the cooking process should help. Tomorrow, being Good Friday, seems like a good time to fix a deep dish seafood pizza.

Mike

Remember JayT trademarked / patented and hired a team of lawyers to protect his new microwave hotdog that he perfected in the last throw down.... be very careful if you try putting a dog in there. LOL

JayT is sponsored by Oscar Mayer. They gots monies to sues your azz.

Looking forward to pizza pics.

Looking forward to pizza pics.

They will not be impressive, being only seafood and not having any fresh peppers to add (though I may make a trip to Kroger to get some).

Now when I can add meat - different story. Bottom layer is crescent rolls that are baked just enough to barely remove the moisture, then smothered in tomato sauce and completely lined with pepperoni. Of course, I use Pam to spray the bottom and sides first. Hamburger, sausage, ham, bacon and any other meat left in the fridge such as turkey or chicken gets thrown into the food processor, diced and ground up, and added. Then a thick layer of cheese. Baked long enough to semi-melt the cheese. Next, lobster, shrimp and crab are mixed, diced and ground, added to the pan. Topped with onions and mushrooms, (on one side), peppers, pepperoni, pineapple and then completely smothered in cheese. I do like to sort of brown the top layer of cheese, since a 9x12 pan of this stuff will feed us four for at least 1.5 meals.

Mike

As far as convection ovens go....this is by far my favorite:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Toastmaster-Ultravection-Toaster-Oven-TUV48E-Booklets-/280664104189?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item4158e25cfd

I already have an over-the-range microwave, but I use this way more often!

Back