• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

shopping Cool find in grocery store

I know there was a topic about this before, but I'll be darned if I could find it. Anyway, I often buy jalapenos and habaneros at this local grocery store, especially in winter. Not sure where they are grown, but they are cheap and good. Today I got a surprise, they had red ones! I love red jalapenos. Now I just need to figure out what I am going to do with them...

100_1305.JPG

Pretty rare to find those even in So Cal. They sell Fresnos here as Red Jalas and charge 3-4x the price. The red ones sure are tasty.

None of the above. Making a quick sauce. One red bell pepper, all the jalapenos, some orange habs, sea salt, cane sugar, and white vinegar. I removed all the seeds. I hate seeds in my sauces. I blended everything, now I am simmering it for about twenty minutes. More pics later.

100_1306.JPG

100_1307.JPG

100_1308.JPG

100_1309.JPG

I simmered it and then gave it a whir in the magic bullet. Simmered a little more and bottled.
YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM!!!! Just liked I hoped it would be, a little sweet, and a little heat. I LOVE red jalapenos.

Back