• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Costco has Bhut Jolokia Pepper Jack Cheese

Just came back from Costco and they were giving out samples of Ghost Pepper Jack melted onto corn tostadas. It was the most spicy cheese I have ever tried from a retail store and it was really tasty. Most people here probably would not say it is super hot but it had a very nice kick that lingered. While I was watching, most of the people that tried it picked up a block. I went to grab 2 blocks and they had about 10 left. Looks like it may be a popular item so hopefully it will be something they stock for more than just a month or two. The ingredients are Milk, Habaneros, Ghost peppers, salt and capsaicin. It was 6.99 for a 24oz block which I thought was reasonable. Are there any other good commercially available hot cheeses out there I need to look for? I'm just so thrilled to see Bhuts make it into a mainstream products. Here are some pics:

IMG_20120414_160214.jpg

IMG_20120414_155939.jpg

SWEET! or maybe...That's HOT! Thanks for posting, Beaglestorm. And that's a very reasonable price for 2#.

We get to Costco 1-2 times a year and our Costco is out in the middle of no-where and often times doesn't carry these items. I really hope they get some in and it's great to see the former-hottest-pepper-in-the-world getting out into the mainstream.

I'd love to give it a shot, but I'll have to wait until it gets to the regular grocery market. I just can't get myself to pay a company for the "privilege" of shopping in their store. It just boggles my mind.

But, back to the cheese. Nice find!

The ingredients are Milk, Habaneros, Ghost peppers, salt and capsaicin.

Nope, it says capsicum, which just means pepper. So there's a mystery pepper in there. Looks good.

Back