• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Could use some diagnostic help...

solid7 said:
Not gonna lie... I've had very bad germination rates with PL sourced seed. I hate to have to go and say that, but I wouldn't, if it weren't the truth.  For as much as they cost, I expect damn near perfection.
I would buy seed from Hippy, all day, every day.  I've always been very happy with them.  And they've always given me freebies.  Granted, I often end up gifting those to others.  But the courtesy is not lost on me.

I've never grown a PL seed that I'm aware of. I always seemed a day late and a dollar short and the seed I sought was out of stock.

Agreed re: Hippy. I've ordered from them in the past, never planted a Hippy Seed that didn't sprout, and sprout true. Besides, their vids are hilarious and educational...

Hmm, a development.

Pulled a couple curled leaves from the sapling Aji Oro. I haven't had this type of discoloration before...

1-16-21 aji oro sprout.jpg

1-16-21 aji oro sprout2.jpg

1-16-21 aji oro sprout3.jpg

These are the first true leaves, all above have no sign of this...yet.

So then, an "over" or an "under" of some nute, water or light? The OW has no such malady, but I figure there's something I'm missing here...

As I've said a million times here before, there's rarely ever a single nutrient deficiency.
That being said, lay out your feeding regimen, just so I can have a proper chance to be wrong.

solid7 said:
As I've said a million times here before, there's rarely ever a single nutrient deficiency.
That being said, lay out your feeding regimen, just so I can have a proper chance to be wrong.

The feeding regimen for this particular plant is what came in the bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forest potting soil it resides in, and occasional watering with the well water we also drink from. I have no analysis to share of that water, though the well is 485 feet deep.

The OW is in the same soil, but that plant gets a scant teaspoon of CNS 17 in it's gallon jug of tap water. I still have the rain barrel water, but the algae growth in the jugs have deterred me from using on these.

stettoman said:

The feeding regimen for this particular plant is what came in the bag of FoxFarm Ocean Forest potting soil it resides in, and occasional watering with the well water we also drink from. I have no analysis to share of that water, though the well is 485 feet deep.

The OW is in the same soil, but that plant gets a scant teaspoon of CNS 17 in it's gallon jug of tap water. I still have the rain barrel water, but the algae growth in the jugs have deterred me from using on these.

So others may disagree with me...  but as I stated earlier, I personally wouldn't be feeding anything extra, at this point.  It's not out of the question that the CNS17 is doing you.  And of course, I wouldn't say that without cause.  You know who one of the biggest CNS17 fanboys on this site is...

Let me state this clearer...  Unless you are getting phenomenal growth right now, I really wouldn't be giving any extra.  That's just me, saying what me would do.  And especially more so, if we're still talking about temps in the 60s.

solid7 said:
Let me state this clearer...  Unless you are getting phenomenal growth right now, I really wouldn't be giving any extra.  That's just me, saying what me would do.  And especially more so, if we're still talking about temps in the 60s.
Thing is, I'm not looking for phenominal growth at this point, a comfortable dormancy is my druther. I've read that low-mid 60s is good if not optimal for this, and watering is damn-near begrudging. But the flowering is incidental, I did not promote it.

Imminent death is not indicated in any of the three plants, and that is all I'd like to stave off. Prolific flowering on such a premature stage says STRESS!! to me, but only because I know that many plants manifest stress via blooms.

Back