• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pics Couple of Questions(Pics)

So I feel pretty confident every thing is okay with my habanero plant but I figured now that I am amongst experts I would get some thoughts.

This pepper plant has been growing since June but I kept it in a smaller pot which limited it's growth.. In September I moved it to the pot it isn't in and moved it inside in October. It's location was not the greatest and it was not getting the amount of sun it deserves. Eventually I moved it into a sunnier spot in the window and it slowly recovered but was still struggling. I think it was the cold. So I moved it again under some OTT full spectrum lights my mom wasn't using. It recovered quite nicely with those.

Saturday night I finally got my t5 set up with a 2500k and I think it's a cool white. Should I continue with the two. Plots or use just the red? I think it's too early to tell.

Does the plant look healthy to you guys? The spots on the leaves were from my last spraying of Epsom salts. That is the only water it has received since November 3. I was waiting till the plant looked weak to water again because of how large the pot is. However, now that it has flowers I feel like I should water it.

Overall just looking to share my current setup and hopefully I'll be able to start a glog soon.

Pepperjack91 said:
It looks very healthy. Looks like a little bonsai tree. Pretty cool. Plus there is a beer sitting next to it.  :beer:
Yeah it looks like a bonsai because I have been kind of grooming it that way. Is that the correct term? From the two habaneros I grew of the same variety last year I had an idea I could increase yield and have better focus of light if I make it grow a certain way. Plus I never thought i would have it this long so I was experimenting.

And of course there is a beer near by. I find it hard to garden with out one close ;)

Phobos said:
Saturday night I finally got my t5 set up with a 2500k and I think it's a cool white. Should I continue with the two. Plots or use just the red? I think it's too early to tell.

Why are you going with 2500K? That is more for plants that have a separate flowering phase... like MJ. Might be a better bet to replace with 6500K.

Cool looking plant you got there.

AaronRiot said:
Why are you going with 2500K? That is more for plants that have a separate flowering phase... like MJ. Might be a better bet to replace with 6500K.

Cool looking plant you got there.
It's actually 3000k and 6500k. I guess I need to do some more reading. I thought I had read that it was important to have a wider spectrum of light.

It's actually 3000k and 6500k. I guess I need to do some more reading. I thought I had read that it was important to have a wider spectrum of light.

Thats what im using 4 bulb 2 6500k and 2 3000k

Nice that sounds about right!

AaronRiot said:
Nice that sounds about right!
As for watering should I wait till it wilts? My flowers are falling off which I am not to worried about cause I want some more vegetative growth but it would be great to get one pod or two.

I wouldn't wait quite that long even though you can and the plant will just pop back up and be fine. Stick your finger down into the soil about 2 knuckles deep and if it's dry then it's time to water.

Back