• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Coup's LED Light Test

Ayy ladies and germs.

I'm trying out the Mars Hydro 300W LED grow lights, and to see how they stack up against my HPS I am growing them apart from the bunch while the HPS goes to work. I can't afford to keep running it, as the days are getting hotter and hotter and making it difficult to dissipate the heat. If the LED system works and keeps the suckers growing I will merge them over completely.

Here are the test plants, between 12-16" from the light (recommended).

lmyWh4a.jpg

yszCbP2.jpg

nV2jFb5.jpg

2V8BD9h.jpg

2tqnum5.jpg

I'll be testing for a week or two to see if there are any adverse effects. If not, the operation is going LED full time!

I'm currently running that light for my plants. I think you will be happy with it. Mine is around 2 feet above my plants and they aren't stretching.
Will be neat to see the side by side.

Edit - can't type tonight

Interested in seeing how it compares to hps. I'm running a 180w Blackstar LED and have had pretty decent results over the last few years. I'm only trying to give everything a good head start, but I have had pants go to fruit all the same. What watt is the hps?

Neil

Blister said:
Interested in seeing how it compares to hps. I'm running a 180w Blackstar LED and have had pretty decent results over the last few years. I'm only trying to give everything a good head start, but I have had pants go to fruit all the same. What watt is the hps?

Neil

The HPS is 400W. It's making the room real hot and I gotta get those plants out from under it quick!

Ah. I half considered picking up a hps for the heat generation. Things get pretty cold here and I turn the heat down to 18.5c at night. The extra heat would help in my case and I have no problem in cooling the house if need be considering the -15c to -20c winters we get.

Neil

Blister said:
Ah. I half considered picking up a hps for the heat generation. Things get pretty cold here and I turn the heat down to 18.5c at night. The extra heat would help in my case and I have no problem in cooling the house if need be considering the -15c to -20c winters we get.

Neil

Go for it, then! They are great for growth, and generate lots of heat for the plants during the winter. This thing was a blessing when it was below freezing at night, but now it's staying near 50F outside and it's just not feasible anymore.

Yes, actually! 

I made the step to move the entire grow op into the closet because of the heat, but the temperatures dropped again so I gave it another thought.

The smaller plants were not getting good light coverage and were starting to yellow on the lower leaves, so I moved them back under the HPS and kept the biggest ones under the LED. They seem to be doing alright so far!

JNVCZnC.jpg

Back