Cramps

I've been eating hot stuff for years. Never had an issue.
Habs are nothing to me. 

Yet I felt like I had a ball of hot iron sitting under my ribs last night.
Earlier in the day I ate a few raw habs(they were big but they were only habs @@), 2 heavily powdered/spiced burgers. and ghost pepper sauce. I was fine eating it and hours later as well.

Later on(6 hours or so) I sliced up 6 habs, some onion and had a somewhat oily dish that was mostly peppers.

1 hour later I'm winding down for sleep. As I lay down I get that burning ball of fire directly below my breastbone. Whenever I would sit up or change positions it would quickly subside. The heat wasn't particularly uncomfortable. It was the cramps that came and went every little bit that provided the discomfort. It felt like I had knives sticking in that one little spot for 5 hours.

What the hell happened? Maybe I should get checked out. I never have issues while eating normally..

oil + peppers + going to bed shortly after.  sounds more like indigestion and/or heartburn to me than anything changing in your heat tolerances.  especially if the pain stopped when you sat up/changed positions.   

GERD.

Put mattress on 15 degree incline ...

Probably splashing up on some esophageal erosion of the sphincter/flapper do-hicky ...

SmokenFire said:
oil + peppers + going to bed shortly after.  sounds more like indigestion and/or heartburn to me than anything changing in your heat tolerances.  especially if the pain stopped when you sat up/changed positions.   
Yup, too much oil/grease in your food and here comes heartburn

Cramps usually make me think of bad food or a sensitivity to something.  Maybe the peppers or something else in the dish you prepared.

I have had that with certain peppers.. Especialy my Snub Nose Bhut's (Not a Peach Bhut) .. Only around 500-600,000 scovilles.. but WOW did it leave a burn in my chest like nothing else ... Habs seem to do it to me partialy too..

Back