• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Cranberry Jalapeno Jelly

Cranberry Jalapeno Jelly on homemade Cranberry Banana Nut Bread for breakfast. Sure, why not! Why save it just for cream cheese and crackers?

CranberryBananaNutBreadwithHotPepperJelly.jpg

Actually, that version was made with Serranos, and had a nice amount of heat. (for a beginner such as myself)

Here's a picture of the Cranberry Jalapeno Jelly

CranberryJalapenoJellycloseup.jpg

... and here's the recipe that I use. I use 100% cranberry juice, not the juice drink, which has sugar in it.

http://www.tasteofho...ranberry-Jelly/

I like the flavor (and color) of the jelly better if I use red jalapenos, rather than green. For most heat lovers, this jelly will be too mild. This year, I used serranos, or a blend of jalapenos and serranos to increase the heat. Ended up with some batches that were mild, some medium, and some towards the hot side, which was perfect when it came to gift giving this year.

I would be down with that. I have tons of different powders but theymight be a little hot for your taste. Does it come with that yummy cranberry bananna nut bread. LOL. Or I would gladly just purchase a jar. I bet if you put that on the marketing thread it would sell out fast!

Don't you have to have a commercial kitchen, liability insurance, business license, etc. to sell food products?

I really enjoy making jams/jellies, salsa, etc., with stuff from my garden, to share with family and friends, but somehow I'm afraid if I turned it into a business venture, it would take all of the fun out of it for me. Besides, how many jars would you have to sell before you made back the start up costs?

I have no idea. I suppose you are right about all of that. I was just really hungry and when I saw your lovely breakfast followed by the superb looking Jelly i had to ask. You posted some recipes on the GW. I will go back and try to replicate. :cheers:

After seeing that jelly I know exactly what I'm going to do with a tent full of jalapeños.

Thanks for the post.

Excellent looking jelly. Might have to add 6 1/2 pints of that to the larder this year. I bet some ripe billy bikers would heat it up!!!

Thanks for posting

Back