• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Crinkled leaves???

Hello All,

My seedlings have started and this is my first year using lights and my first sets of true leaves are crinkled and some of the cot's are curled.

I dont know if it is the lights being too close or too much water or??

Are they ok?

Pics below.

-Steve

Scratch that photbucket doesnt work?

Which website should i use?

Well tried Imagur.....

i keep getting an error saying : "You are not allowed to use that image extension on this community"

-steve

or on photobucket use the

What type of light are you using and how close is it? Also don't wet the leaves with direct light on then. The light will magnify with the water and stress your plant and burn up your leaves.
They also look overwatered as your leaves are yellowing. Ease up and let it dry up and your leaves will turn rich green. There drowning.

Lovepeppers said:
What type of light are you using and how close is it? Also don't wet the leaves with direct light on then. The light will magnify with the water and stress your plant and burn up your leaves.
They also look overwatered as your leaves are yellowing. Ease up and let it dry up and your leaves will turn rich green. There drowning.
yeah man your peppers don't like cold wet feet.

Lovepeppers said:
What type of light are you using and how close is it? Also don't wet the leaves with direct light on then. The light will magnify with the water and stress your plant and burn up your leaves. They also look overwatered as your leaves are yellowing. Ease up and let it dry up and your leaves will turn rich green. There drowning.
Thanks bro. You helped me out as well. I have several seedlings with the same problem. Thought it was the lights being so far away. Using a t12 light with two bulbs for like forty seedling. I had them six inches to accommodate a couple more mature seedlings but I do admit I have been watering every day or so. I'll hold back on the water and see if this helps. Thanks for the info.

Yes these photos were taken RIGHT after a watering.. and im only top watering due to a few late seedling starts.

That being said I DO turn he lights on right away after a water, could this cause my leaves to look feint and curl up ?

Steve

when you water try to keep the water away from the plant stem . keep around around the outer edge . and they do look like they are somewhat over watered . just a little every couple days let it dry some .       :onfire:

At your plants age they are looking feint green from overwatering. What I do is I pick up my pots when they are almost bone dry and feel how light they weigh. I bottom water for a a minute or two because I use net pots (they suck up water fast) then I pick it up and it's heavy with water. The tops dry out quicker than the bottoms and it does not require water until the lower half has lost most of the water. To me your leaves don't look too crinkly to me. If your using a light that heats up, keep a fan blowing on top of your plants. I have a 250watt hps/mh 6 inches from my plants and they are fine and they are a little bigger than yours. Keep us updated.

Back