• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

crinkly chili leaves

One of my young plants is crinkly- i saw lots of answers on sites everywhere. My other plants healthy! i used a fertilizer recently, and they are next to a window - but it is winter and its usually a sun trap, not this week.The other leaves are good on it, just the 2 new ones.The leaves are quite dark though.

Could be that you added too much fertiliser what are you using and how much did you give to your plant?
A picture would be helpful could you post one?

Could be that you added too much fertiliser what are you using and how much did you give to your plant?
A picture would be helpful could you post one?

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69948603@N03/6436290219/ i call it teenage ninja turtle shell sickness

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69948603@N03/6436290219/ i call it teenage ninja turtle shell sickness

Give them a little bone meal if you havent already. Also be sure they it is getting plenty of good light. Dont rely on the sun during winter! It isnt strong enough unless you are in Hawaii or Florida maybe lol.

It actually looks pretty good to me. I was expecting much more wrinkles. I wouldn't do much if anything.

One of my young plants is crinkly- i saw lots of answers on sites everywhere. My other plants healthy! i used a fertilizer recently, and they are next to a window - but it is winter and its usually a sun trap, not this week.The other leaves are good on it, just the 2 new ones.The leaves are quite dark though.

It just happens sometimes with chilis, I can give you multiple potential reasons, but mostly it just goes away with new leaves so I wouldn't worry about it.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/69948603@N03/6440303003/in/photostream

Now Brown spots- milk coffee colored look white in photo

Looks like a nutrient deficiency, perhaps calcium? I would agree on adding bone meal. Or, if you've already fertilized it prior to this, it could be nutrient toxicity as well.

yo bootie dude the chili looks a little sun scalded (SUNBURN) on the top
and the lower leaf looks like nute burn (NITROGEN BURN)

your planting mix looks a little hot and even though it is winter
you may need to shade that spot a little bit(reduce footcandle intensity)

i saw the OP posted as not looking bad etcetera but,

i call 'em as i see 'em

please consider toning the mix down a bit and trying for not so intense lighting
(maybe you can harden this one up a little and will survive full sun but now
it looks a little burned

good luck and good growing

yo bootie dude the chili looks a little sun scalded (SUNBURN) on the top
and the lower leaf looks like nute burn (NITROGEN BURN)

your planting mix looks a little hot and even though it is winter
you may need to shade that spot a little bit(reduce footcandle intensity)

i saw the OP posted as not looking bad etcetera but,

i call 'em as i see 'em

please consider toning the mix down a bit and trying for not so intense lighting
(maybe you can harden this one up a little and will survive full sun but now
it looks a little burned

good luck and good growing

I think you are spot on- makes sense!!!!!!!! I added a mix into some vent holes and its a heat rap- exactly fit. I've added water- will tomorrow and moved out of sunny spot!

IMO one of your issues is the lower leaf that is dead on the end has been in water...possibly your fertilize which would burn it...as a general rule, I don't let any leaves stay on the plant that would touch the ground or get wet when I water/fertilize...that is a path for pathogens (bacteria, fungii, etc) or even aphids to get on your plant...

I would repot it into a smaller container and keep the leaves off the ground or touching anything...JMHO

IMO one of your issues is the lower leaf that is dead on the end has been in water...possibly your fertilize which would burn it...as a general rule, I don't let any leaves stay on the plant that would touch the ground or get wet when I water/fertilize...that is a path for pathogens (bacteria, fungii, etc) or even aphids to get on your plant...

I would repot it into a smaller container and keep the leaves off the ground or touching anything...JMHO

Thanks - you are correct to- it collapsed and recovered after too much of this new fertilizer i got from Japan- it recovered, then i added another one i got here by accident when i transferred some soil onto it..Mistake!

Back