• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Crinkly leaves? Need opinions!

1275dacd.jpg

This is happening to my moruga. I have a idea that its aphids, somenew growth is coming in clean though, and ive been looking for the aphids for about a week now because three of my other plants have had them. I honestly could mever find them on this plant! But i killed them all with some insecticidal soap and due to these bundles of joy.

949bb5b2.jpg

I wish I coulda captured the one with an aphid in its fangs for you guys, oh how that brightened up my day :D

mine were growing out like that too... i sprayed for aphids... and this morning i saw some lady bugs on my plants... that put a smile on my face...

good luck...

Why do people keep mentioning overwatering?

Every single plant I have is watered twice a day, if not more. Restricting watering as much as possible WILL result in individual peppers being hotter, but will reduce the plant size and the total yield by a VERY, VERY large amount.

It is almost never overwatering that is the problem. If you are overwatering the only proof of that is continual fungus growing out of the soil. Otherwise, well draining soil is very hard to overwater, you'd have to deliberately try to do it.

This is one of those urban myths that will never die isn't it? There is no such thing as overwatering (within reasonable limits) if it's in decent soil. At worst applying more water just means you rinsed away fertilizer and have to add more.

In context: In my 5 gallon buckets, every single plant would be drooping and near dead if I waited even 36 hours between watering. Some can't go more than 6 hours in the peak of summer temps. I suppose if it's only a tiny plant in the pot, then it takes a lot longer but now it's summer and if plants are still small, it was something other than overwatering as the cause.

99% of the time wrinkled leaves is a sign of overwatering and/or aphids. Check all the past threads and past diagnosis. Overwatering leads to root rot, and it also does not allow nutrients to be absorbed properly by the root system

I think overwatering is one of the most common things I see here.

Welcome to the internet, differing opinions

Fair enough but I'm thinking it isn't actually overwatering, rather watering at too great a rate for the soil drainage and nutrient conditions that is the problem. I guess I see the point that if the other factors aren't resolved the most immediate fix is to water less.

I bottom water everything except for when they are getting nutrients. In chicago for the past week and a half everything is wilting because of the 98s and such with high humidity. Today is subposed to be 101. Happy fourth of july everyone. Illegal fireworks time is naoww :D

Back