• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Crockdoc's first glog

Hey there everybody! So I got stung by the chile bug and this is my first time growing. I finally figured out how to link pics and have a bunch in order starting from about Jan 1st 2016 up until today. I'll try to update weekly or so.

I started a 72 cell seed tray with seeds from pepper joes:Thai sun hot, Black jalapeno, Jalapeno early, Firecracker, Joes long(whippets tail), Prik chi faa, Cayenne blend, Santa fe grande, Mammoth(jumbo) jalapeno, Fresno, Brazilian(atomic) starfish, and Kung Pao. I also planted purple jalapenos and Tabasco which didn't sprout. While waiting for those to sprout, I snagged an orange hab from home depot, and a trinidad scorpion and datil from the local garden store. I kept everything under my 300watt galaxy hydro led until the seedlings were ready to transplant into solo cups then moved them out to the 1000watt metal halide. Also I started a hot lemon from seeds I got from lowes.

After about a month(last week), I started 15 new varieties from midwest chileheads including scotch bonnet moa r, scotch bonnet moa y, scotch bonnet foodarama y, scotch bonnet choc, tepin, pequin, Caribbean red, red savina, naga morich, peruvian white hab, paper lantern hab, bahamian goat, Fatalii, Jamaican hot choc hab, and Tabasco from Pepperjo(who was nice enough to send me a second pack, Hopefully they sprout). It's been six days and the scotch bonnet yellow red and food have sprouted, along with the peruvian white hab, pequin, paper lantern, and bahamian goat. Paper lantern sprouted on day 4 or 5.

Here's some pics in chronological order. Thanks for lookin!

Thanks mpicante and pepperhawk, I'm stoked about this season as you can see. So it's been a little over a week and the growth of the large plants has been crazy. I'm really pressured to just throw them in the garden now because the weather has been amazing but I'm not sure if it's too soon. The last chance of 32 degrees F is about March 10 but most of these are anuums so not sure what to do. My gut tells me to wait so that's what I'll do unless advised otherwise.

Also, all of my sprouts came up except for pepperjoes Tabasco. They were all up within about 8 or 9 days. Instead of killing all the extra sprouts that came up afterward I added 6 extra pots and transplanted about 20 outside around the house just for fun... We'll see! The MOA yellow scotch bonnets are the only ones having a bit of problems. They're slightly yellow with taco leaves. Had the same problem with the firecracker cayenne strain from pepper joes. The entire strain was yellow and taco'd. The soil is very hot supposedly so maybe it's too much for certain strains. Or maybe a PH thing with certain strains or maybe certain strains are very touchy with over watering. Any advice is welcomed. The soil is ocean forest with 1 part perlite 2 part ocean forest. Majority of my plants have nitrogen toxicity from what I'm seeing from the ocean forest, but they come out of it within a few days and look great all in all. None of the plants have had any fertilizer except for the store bought ones(datil, scorpion, and orange hab)

You'll also see in the pics I've got some peppers starting to develop, awesome! While inspecting, there's peppers forming on the datil, orange hab, kung pao, joes long, fresno, black jalapeno, and I think also the Santa fe. There may be another I missed. All varieties that bloomed are producing pods from the blooms so that was unexpected as I've read that the first flowers don't produce pods usually.

Lastly, Pops and I finished the 30% shade cloth over the garden. He killed it! Looks better than I would've done by myself, that's for sure. Thanks for stopping in yall, talk to ya next week sometime. Have a great week and weekend!

Hey yall! It's been a little while since the last update, but I'd made some progress! Got all the plants out in the garden. Gave away 10 to my mom and 4 to my friends. I'll post some pics of all the seedlings tomorrow or the day after. But here are some pics of the garden, the black hungarian or black jalapeno, the fresno, and the joes long or whippet tail. Oh and the vicious Hank! Enjoy!

Back