• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Crop Rotation

I have a nice prepped patch of garden ready for something to be planted in it.

I grew about ten tomato plants there last season. Its a pretty decent spot its shaded in the morning but once the sun rises it shines over the fence onto it all day.

I was thinking of putting some peppers out there but I know once you grow certain crops you shouldnt plant certain things there the next season.

Can anyone give me some input on this?

Add a lot of organic matter,some compost,peat,composted manure.Should be OK.You just have to worry about pests returning...expatrioted Virginian of 25 years here,should also sprinkle a bit of lime to offset the acidity.I'm assuming you don't live on the coast.

you're right, i live about 15 or 20 miles from the coast. the one thing i did notice about the plants i had under lights in the garage last season was the mites. the ones out on the picnic table didnt have any though since they were off the ground. but the only problem i had in the patch i'm going to use was yellow leaf curl with the tomatoes but it got my neighbors too.

convieniently i have my compost pile right next to it so i suppose i could just till some right in there when i prep the ground here soon.

Back