• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

breeding Cross breeding question

just bought a few plants that should be here soon, was thinking of cross breeding them but not sure what I should try for, I've got

2 giant white habanero plants
2 peach ghost scorpion plants
2 chocolate scotch bonnets

what interesting hybrids can I get out of them?

I don't have to worry about temperatures dipping under 50 degrees so the originals aren't in any danger

You can cross any of them and see what happens. I dont know how well it will work trying to cross the Ghost x Scorpion since it's already crossed. So who knows how long it would take ( IF) it were to become a stable cross. So I'd cross the other two first

You can cross any of them and see what happens. I dont know how well it will work trying to cross the Ghost x Scorpion since it's already crossed. So who knows how long it would take ( IF) it were to become a stable cross. So I'd cross the other two first

what would happen? a light brown giant habanero?

Its hard to say, You wouldnt know how it would turn out until you crossed them and grew them out for a year or two. The pods could carry more of the Habanero genes or more of the Scotch Bonnets genes. My guess would be a 50/50 since the Hab and SB have been around for a long time and is a stable strain. But like I said you wont know until you cross and grow the crossed seeds out. Good luck!

Depends on what you wish to cross for.

For instance, you could cross a giant white with a choco bonnet for larger bonnets or tastier habs.

In my colder climate, I want to cross for faster production.

Remember, it takes several generations to achieve a stable variety, so having a goal in mind before you start is a good thing.

Unless yer a wild mad breeder looking for a one off monster creation never before seen on the planet. :party:

Twilight Scorpion :rofl:

Seriously though, you don't really know what you will get. It isn't like mixing paint colors. Some traits are heavily dominant, so you might get crossed seeds to grow for a Thai x Hab and the result would just look and taste like a Thai. Breeding and crossing is a black art, there doesn't seem to be much reliable info out on the interwebs. Trial and error and lots of time and at the end of the day maybe you will get to release the next "jigsaw manticore dragonfruit reaper".

if I had a reaper plant I'd probably try to cross that with the peach ghost scorpion, ghost scorpion reaper has a nice ring to it

Back