• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid cross breeding

I know some are saying, doesnt this guy shut up :P I'm bored out of my fricking mind, work is really really slow right now, actually I have no jobs lined up right now :lol: :lol:
how far do you need to keep chile plants away from each other to prevent cross breeding. I know there is no 100% sure distance, other than self contained rooms for growing. but what would be kinda a good safe distance to prevent cross breeding of plants, if I wanted to isolate some plants & try to keep them pure. 50' - 50 yards - 100 yards ?

& if I had some close to each other during a early part of the growing season, & say some pods get cross bread. but later I moved them far apart, would those newer flowers/pods be pure or crossed. assuming once moved far enough apart or would there still be some pollen from the other plant left on it to cross breed ?

Dude, dont do it...thats a slippery slope. I know they do in San Francisco and what may seem harmless leads to diseases and other form of...........oh sh*t, you said "Breeding" :lol: Go for it, Whatever

Hillbilly Chili said:
Dude, dont do it...thats a slippery slope. I know they do in San Francisco and what may seem harmless leads to diseases and other form of...........oh sh*t, you said "Breeding" :lol: Go for it, Whatever

Ever seen the movie Deliverance?

well thanks for the reviews about the movie "Deliverance" :mouthonfire:
I guess nothing else to add but - lifes a b1tch, so why vote for one!

chilehunter said:
well thanks for the reviews about the movie "Deliverance" :rolleyes:
I guess nothing else to add but - lifes a b1tch, so why vote for one!
Oh god, this whole thread basically sums up why I love the internet(s).

Back