vendor Cross Country Nurseries...Now with Video Review by MGOLD

Just wanted to throw CCN in here. Great / huge and i mean huge selection of plants. Very reasonable prices from what I could tell. This was my first year to grow any "exotic, superhots" and I learned about CCN from the fine folks here. I placed an order and received my order very quickly and everything was in excellent condition. All my plants survived and grew and produced wonderfully. So in summary I would highly recommend them to anybody wanting to buy seedlings.

I only have one gripe and that is the 12 plant minimum order. I understand their reasoning though (due to shipping costs and such)

Website for them is www.chileplants.com

I officially have an addiction for peppers. I'm not ready for the 12 step program yet. I just ordered 13 more types of pepper seeds from CCN. They are great. I tried their Saltpeter trick for soaking, and now I'm hooked. Hooked with pepper seedlings...LOL

These guys are top notch. They ship fast and all the packets are nicely labeled.

Cross Country Nurseries opened their physical location for business last Saturday.  I took a trip there, despite the fact that it is way too early in the season to leave my plants outside.  It was like Christmas.  They had a huge selection of pepper plants to choose from, and the folks that worked there were very nice and helpful.  Their plants seemed nice and healthy.  I picked up a Chocolate Scotch Bonnet, a Datil, and Chiltepin, but they have plenty of superhots to choose from if that's your prerogative.  Not sure if my plants are going to make it because it is still too cold to leave them outside all the time, but either way, I will definitely be taking another trip out there in a month or so as soon as it warms up to pick up some other varieties.  If you live in the tri-state area, or Eastern PA, then I'd recommend taking a visit out there. 

My plants are shipping May 5th,I looked on their site and saw that they are out of stock on some of the types I ordered in March.I hope they held mine back, instead of replacing with other types.I was very,very pleased with the quality and all the information they provide.I am like a kid at Christmas waiting for the package this week,so I can finish out my grow. :)

^Agreed! I got my first order last Wednesday. Very impressed with them. Beautiful plants and very well packaged with a nice care guide/product guide included. I have another order shipping tomorrow. Can't wait! Very polite and professional customer service as well. They will definitely get my business again!

I have the same problem. I stopped by again yesterday and picked up 5 more plants. Love showing this place support. I'm at 13 pepper plants this year vs. 2 last year. At this rate I'm going to need a farm. My patio is going look weird to the neighbors; like the male pepper version of a cat lady.

I received twelve plants the other day from these guys and they were in great shape when the boxes arrived. I was able to buy some of the plants that I couldn't germinate as seeds. I also got several types of tepins so I can compare them to the two I got to start from seed. The tepin plants from Chile Plants.com are taller and look good but the couple I grew from seed under the lights in the basement haven't been in a box for a week so they look better - and I'm totally biased anyway....

Chile Plants.com did a great job for me this year.

I actually just receive 12 plants from them yesterday.  I was a little annoyed to come home to the box sitting upside down at my front door, but that's a UPS problem and not a nursery problem.  All the plants were healthy and the Bhut Jolokia Peach actually had buds and a flower on it already.  Definitely further along than the ones I started from seed, though my jalapeno and Charleston cayenne are pretty close.

Shortest plant was about 6 inches tall and the tallest was about 12 inches (stem was bent to fit in box rather than topped, but all seems good and healthy).

The card in the box says that all of their live plants will be on sale for $1.50 off starting May 28th through the June shipping period, so I just may end up ordering more plants I don't need (but do).

As a side note, I have never in my life opened a shipping box to such a wonderful smell of healthy life.  Just wow.

chileplants_order1.jpg

As a follow up to my last post, you couldn't really see it in the picture since the other plants are all in such good and happy condition, but my Bhut Jolokia was a bit droopy.  Over the 24 hours after I got it, it went completely limp.  I added support but as of this morning (about 1.5 days since receiving) around 80% of the leaves fell off and it is just in bad condition.

bhut_jolokia_1of2.jpg

bhut_jolokia_2of2.jpg

I emailed them about it this morning, and within 10 minutes had an apologetic response with them saying they will send out a replacement plant immediately.  That's no hassle customer service right there and has made me into a loyal customer as I will definitely order from them again now.  I was very impressed with how quickly they responded as I was a bit down since it is my only regular Bhut Jolokia (also got a peach one) and I have never grown them before.

EDIT:  They shipped out a free Chocolate Scotch Bonnet with the Bhut Jolokia replacement.  Yay for more plants!

First year ordering from Cross Country Nurseries,  received my "first" order in early may.  All the plants arrived in great shape and are thriving in my garden.  Recently placed another order to fill some open spots I had.  Looking forward to there arrival this week.  Great doing business with them.

Back