• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

seeds Cross pollinated seeds

I have been collecting seeds from my harvest this year and I have noticed some of them are kind of black/dark. This reminded me something I read in here last year about the possibility that the black seeds could be ones that got cross pollinated. Is this true? Has there been any study on this? Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

IMG00566-20101006-2201.jpg

I have been collecting seeds from my harvest this year and I have noticed some of them are kind of black/dark. This reminded me something I read in here last year about the possibility that the black seeds could be ones that got cross pollinated. Is this true? Has there been any study on this? Here is a pic of what I am talking about.

IMG00566-20101006-2201.jpg

The darker seeds appear more like seeds I have seen that did not fully form a seed coat. It's a sign that the seeds did not mature in the pod.

So then I may just want to discard these darker ones then? In regards to my main question, there is only one way to tell if a seed has become cross pollinated then and that is to plant it and grow it then correct? lol

they're not crosses. they're duds. sorry dude.

either immature seeds that they appear dark coz they're hollow or they have some mold growing on them. can't tell from the picture.

I'm pretty sure they won't be viable seeds, but, it can't hurt to try though, can it? Food for thought, I'd just put them in with another "good" seed and make note of where you plant it (if in the same cell) and take it from there.

:cheers:

Jas

Back