• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

hybrid Crossing Douglah x Berbere and Maldive x Moruga

I'm contemplating crossing Douglah x Berbere and Maldive x Mourouga due to their aroma, textures and characteristics . Once, coincidently crossed a Peter for fun , named it Gentleman's Burn for fun. Actually, not usually a Crosser,but these seem tempting too me. Your thoughts please?

Well, between those peppers there are a lot of characteristics to mix up... genetics doesn't always dance to the music of our desires...

But on the other hand, if you're patient and have enough space to grow out at least 20 or so plants for a few generations, go for it...

I'm curious as to whether anyone else thinks that they might produce something interesting! I'm looking at the drying quality flavour in the first and fresh in the second test.

You can pretty easily predict the F1 generation...

Red is dominant, size will be averaged between the two, heat will be averaged between the two, I think upwards growing is dominant but I wouldn't swear to it.

*shrug* its F2 and following where things get interesting.

I mean the first generation grown out as a result of the cross can pretty much only be Red. The second generation the recessives come out - and then you might get a yellow.

Back