• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

dried Cupboard Dried Nagas

I'm trying to dry the last few of my nagas (which were amazing btw), I left them in a plastic bag in the airing cupboard for a few days, the thing is they sort of have a smell like old socks, is this normal? Will they b ok to eat??? I think I might have made a mistake by putting them in a sealed plastic bag.

Cheers

Matt

Yeah I am going to say they are probably no good. Being in a sealed plastic bag will trap moisture, and if it was warm in your cupboard then that made a warm moist place in the bag.. perfect breeding ground for nasties..

I'm trying to dry the last few of my nagas (which were amazing btw), I left them in a plastic bag in the airing cupboard for a few days, the thing is they sort of have a smell like old socks, is this normal? Will they b ok to eat??? I think I might have made a mistake by putting them in a sealed plastic bag.

Cheers

Matt

On a sunny windowsill might have been better. I think those are toast.

drying requires open circulating air, sounds like you made a mini bokashi tea instead of a dry product. good luck on your next try.

Cheers

Matt
LOL. What made you think that would work?

Rotten!

Back