curled leaf

Some of my plants are starting to have curled leaf. I think it started after i started to give them less water, the problem with yellow leaf are gone after less watering. I havent given them much nutrients, do they need calcium (bone meal)? The problem is biggest on the biggest plants.

2014-05-01%2012.06.19%20%28Small%29.jpg

Have you checked for bugs? i.e. aphids, mites?  If nothing is visual then you might need some Ca/Mg.  Remember tho,  calcium/magnesium is an immobile nutrient,  where it is taken up in a plant is where it stays.  It won't fix deficient leaves. 

No bugs, the plants are 7 weeks old and stay inside in a growing tent/green house in my basement. They will move out when my green house is in place. I havent used much nutrient on them, maybe two times and only a litle. That was a nutrient with this content.

NPK 14-4-21

Mg 2%
S 4,1%
B 0,027%
Cu 0,004%
Cu EDTA 0,0028%
Mn 0,06%
Mn EDTA 0,042%
Fe 0,2%
Mo 0,04%
Zn 0,027%
Zn 0,019%

Not any Calcium in it.

Then it very well could be.  Just because they are inside doesn't mean there can't be bugs either.  Give it a close inspection and give em a regular feeding with Ca/Mg and see if the new growth straightens out.  Are you flushing inbetween feedings?

That looks a little like fertilizer burn. It could also be a combination of fert burn & Ca deficiency. Notice how the larger established leaves aren't as affected? I would flush your soil with distilled water and prune off those curled leaves. The distilled water will attach itself to the fert and remove a lot of it. Give it a foliar spray of Epsom salt after pruning & flushing.

What is the correct way to flush? How much water, the same as pot size? Could flushing do something bad to the plants?

Do you think this will be taken care of with a little CalMag, Miracle Gro, and Kelp?  That's what I just gave this Aji Pineapple  :confused:

Attachments

• 20140530_015303232_iOS.jpg
    20140530_015303232_iOS.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 42
Back