misc Dairy product

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:

I always wondered....if "Gee" is clarified butter and "Whiz" is slang for urine, what exactly are people saying when they excitedly express "Gee whiz!"?

Things that make you go "hmmmm".  

You know, like when you're on a long trip, and you say "Butter pee now..."

:rofl:  you guys~~~~ :lol:

OK- back on topic~~~

HF/H MAY be enough for a wing sauce with butter. 

This is coming from a commercial processor with the intent to sell point of view.  From my experience, I was able to HF/H all the sauces I made without any FDA registration or further licensing until the BBQ sauce, which contained butter.    To get licensed for the BBQ sauce, because it contains a dairy element (which is considered High Risk) I had to get BPCS certified and also FDA registered.   

The BBQ sauce went to the PA for review, like all the sauces.  The PA stipulated the above requirements. 

After the review and my getting BPCS certified, the HF/H process was approved for my particular recipe.

Depending on how you want share your sauce, my unoffocial and totally not official opinion would be to use sauce bottles with metal caps that can be boiling water bathed and use that process which is one step better than just HF/H.  If it's for commercial sales, then it's up to your licensing authority to work through appropriate processing methods.

Specialty Bottle says they have metal caps for these 12 oz sauce bottles,
and there are these bottles also.

Back