• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dangler 2020

Dangler's 2020 Plan ..... Looking forward to getting started.

Group A (Target start:  End of January)
7 Pot Brainstrain
Amnesia
Bhut Jolokia Red (Dangler's Red Bhut)
Bhut Jolokia Solid Gold
Bonda Ma Jacques
Death Spiral
Scorpion Leviathan Gnarly Caramel
Scorpion Red CARDI
Scotch Bonnet Beth Boyd
Scotch Bonnet Freeport Orange
Scotch Bonnet Stuffing
Star Scream
White Hot Lime
Whynot

Group B (Target start:  Group A + 2 Weeks) ..... We're thinking this group has some real potential.    
Aji Ahuachapan
Aji Cachucha
Aji Fantasy
Aji Margariteno
Aji Panca Lima
Antep Aci Dolma
Antohi Romanian
Bacskai Feher
Biquinho Iracema
CAP 455
Chervena Chuska
Chilhuacle Negro
Corbaci
Cowhorn
Cubanelle Long Tall Sally
Dolmalik Biber
Ferenc Tender
Giant Sweet Devil's Horn
Guajillo
Hinkelhatz Yellow
Jalapeno Biker Billy
Jalapeno Brown
Jalapeno NuMex Lemon Spice
Jalapeno Zapotec
Jimmy Nardello
Negro De Valle
New Mexico Hatch Mild
NuMex Heritage Big Jim
Palmyra
Paradicsom Alaku Sarga Szentes
Pimenta Diomar
Poblano
Serrano Tampiqueno
Shishito
Sulu Adana
Sweetest Pepper
Targu Mures
Tekne Dolmasi
Thai Hot

1X-4X all varieties.  

Hi Harry,

With the exception of the newer superhots (I’ve just come back to the chilehead scene after a hiatus of several years), I’ve grown most of the varieties you listed. Would love to compare notes, if you’re game.

I was surprised to hear that your Ají Dulce Margariteño had any heat at all. Mine ripen red, not yellow, and have no heat at all. I saw that Justin’s ripen yellow as well. Seems there are two fairly different strains out there.

Here in Miami, there’s a large Cuban population, and therefore, a huge demand for Ají Cachucha. Personally, I don’t get the hype. One of the more overrated peppers out there, in my opinion.

Surprised not to hear any mention of Paradicsom Alaku Sarah Szentes. Of the sweet peppers on your list that I’ve grown, it’s probably my favorite. If you haven’t grown them before, other big winners in my book when it comes to sweet peppers include Elephant Ear, Habanada, and Venezuelan Tiger.

Yesterday's harvest.

Attachments

• 9_6_2020_1.JPG
    9_6_2020_1.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 91
Wicked Mike said:
Hi Harry,

With the exception of the newer superhots (I’ve just come back to the chilehead scene after a hiatus of several years), I’ve grown most of the varieties you listed. Would love to compare notes, if you’re game.

I was surprised to hear that your Ají Dulce Margariteño had any heat at all. Mine ripen red, not yellow, and have no heat at all. I saw that Justin’s ripen yellow as well. Seems there are two fairly different strains out there.

Here in Miami, there’s a large Cuban population, and therefore, a huge demand for Ají Cachucha. Personally, I don’t get the hype. One of the more overrated peppers out there, in my opinion.

Surprised not to hear any mention of Paradicsom Alaku Sarah Szentes. Of the sweet peppers on your list that I’ve grown, it’s probably my favorite. If you haven’t grown them before, other big winners in my book when it comes to sweet peppers include Elephant Ear, Habanada, and Venezuelan Tiger.
Surprisingly my Margaritenos have some heat and the pods are quite large.  Our Cachuchas were OK. My Paradiscoms succumbed to something early or somebody claimed the starts before plant out.  

You are really killing it this season, HD! 

Good on ya!

Today was another harvest day.

Attachments

• Harvest_1.jpg
    Harvest_1.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Harvest_2.jpg
    Harvest_2.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 91
  • Harvest_3.jpg
    Harvest_3.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 90
  • Harvest 4.jpg
    Harvest 4.jpg
    79.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Harvest_5.jpg
    Harvest_5.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 85
Did a little more seed processing.  
15 more varieties are on the side table.
We only have a few more varieties to process but we'll need to wait for a few more ripe pods before I process them.  

Attachments

• seed1.JPG
    seed1.JPG
    121.3 KB · Views: 92
Yesterday morning's harvest .... Sold all of them (pic).  
Had to harvest my other varieties in the afternoon (no pic).  

We made some Aji Amarillo paste .... We used some to make an Aji Amarillo sauce last evening.  Good stuff

We'll be lucky to get through the end of the month without a frost.  
Not very many harvests are left before the end of the season.  

Attachments

• Harvest_10_11_AM.jpg
    Harvest_10_11_AM.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 89
  • amarillo_paste.jpg
    amarillo_paste.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 90
What can I say?

Total bomb, my friend. Great harvests.

Any Hunan Hand after processing all those seeds?

PaulG said:
What can I say?

Total bomb, my friend. Great harvests.

Any Hunan Hand after processing all those seeds?
Thanks ...... Hunan Hand to the max ..... double gloved and that didn't stop it.  

Harry_Dangler said:
Thanks ...... Hunan Hand to the max ..... double gloved and that didn't stop it.  
I feel your pain, HD  ;)
I remember my first time grinding a couple of pounds of
powder and thinking the nitrile gloves were really effective.
I was sweeping powder into piles with the sides of my
hands the whole time, and inhaling powder around the
mask so sneezing and eyes watering. In an wide open
garage. Same for my buddy.

Can you have Hunan Body? Pretty miserable few hours,
later that evening, but of course laugh about it now.

The Aji Paste looks great. We have a Peruvian friend that
makes it, and stuffed rocotos, too   :drooling:  She gets a good
chunk of our rocoto grow! And Aji Amarillo's, too.

Well .... this morning the frost/freeze got the garden.  We had right at 32 .... we've been harvesting the last of the pods and tomatoes.  We're done.  16 October this year .... that's a little early compared to the last few years but within the average window.  It's been a good year overall.  Not complaints.  HD

Harry_Dangler said:

I made the mistake of processing the lot you sent me without gloves. For 6 days I felt like King Midas except everything I touched turned into inferno. I'm still finding hidden chili bombs from things I touched without realizing it. The rest of the household is not pleased.

That having been said, I find some solace in the fact that gloves still would not have completely fixed the problem. 

Great peppers by the way haha. 

Back