• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Dangler 2021

Starting supplies have been received!  :metal:
The grow list remains in limbo. Waiting to see what goodies might arrive in the B Train before I call it done.  
For now, keeping busy getting 1020 trays and 3.5" nursery pots ready to go.   
Planning on starting chinenses in a month.  
Targeting in the neighborhood of 120-140 plants for plant out in 2021 ..... similar to the quantity that made it to plant out in 2020.  

Attachments

• 2021_Glog_Start.JPG
    2021_Glog_Start.JPG
    103.2 KB · Views: 387
peppersproutfarm said:
Do you plant everything in containers? Ground? Raised beds? A mix? I'm looking to expand. I currently plant in the ground about 60 or so. I would love to double it within a few years.
I've got 37 raised beds.  Most are 4 x 8.  I've allocated room for 128 pepper plants in the raised bed garden.  Ornamentals, small habit plants and a few Manzanos will be in containers on the deck, patio and screened-in porch.   

Harry_Dangler said:
I've got 37 raised beds.  Most are 4 x 8.  I've allocated room for 128 pepper plants in the raised bed garden.  Ornamentals, small habit plants and a few Manzanos will be in containers on the deck, patio and screened-in porch.   
Your raised bed garden is a sight to behold, HD!

One of the best raised bed set-ups I have
seen on the forum, for sure!

Good luck getting underway in Feb!

Mr.joe said:
If you are targeting 120 plants does that mean you end up with 300? Everyone grows more than their target number right? Either way I think anything over 30 plants is a lot
I can only plant out 120-140.  Experience shows that I'll end up with 300 plants coming out of the grow room.  I'll no doubt try to shoe horn a few more in the plan.  I always do.  We have a wait list of people that take our extras every year.  

skullbiker said:
Don't you have 1/2 of one of those raised beds reserved for a growdown plant? [emoji6]
I do   :rolleyes: .  Either that or .... I've got an 8' diameter stock tank that we use as a pool for the grandkids .... maybe I should use that!  Got my SASBE in the mail yesterday.  

Harry_Dangler said:
I do   :rolleyes: .  Either that or .... I've got an 8' diameter stock tank that we use as a pool for the grandkids .... maybe I should use that!  Got my SASBE in the mail yesterday.  
I’m guessing that either one of those options will produce a monster plant.
Wow, super fast on the SASBE, I just sent mine off.

skullbiker said:
I’m guessing that either one of those options will produce a monster plant.
Wow, super fast on the SASBE, I just sent mine off.
That's what I meant .... I just mailed it off yesterday.  
We'll see .... Need to figure out what I'm going to do with all of the pods!

Started 4 each Orange, Red and Yellow Manzanos today (I will cull to 1 of each color).  These will eventually end up in containers on the screened in porch or on the walkout patio.

Targeting to start at least 80+ Chinense varieties on 2/13.

Targeting to start at least 20+ Annuum + Baccatum varieties on 3/6.

Attachments

• manzano_1_15.jpg
    manzano_1_15.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 65
Started Group 1 .... 150 Chinense and 6 Pubes today (The 2 1020 trays in the picture).  Group 2 Chinense next weekend.  Annuums, Baccatums and tomatoes in 2-3 weeks.  

Attachments

• 2_13.jpg
    2_13.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 70
Update 3 March 2021.
Ended up starting:
  • 75+ Chinense Varieties 
  • 35+ Baccatum and Annuum Varieties  
  • 75+ Tomato varieties (I'm real excited about this .... Mostly heirlooms.  5-20 year old seeds.  I haven't grown most in many years) 
I'd be happy to add grow lists if anyone is interested.

HD

Attachments

• 2021_3_3_A.jpg
    2021_3_3_A.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 70
  • 2021_3_3_B.jpg
    2021_3_3_B.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 63
Back