• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

health Dark spots on pods??

What do these spots look to be? Everything was clear about 2 or 3 days ago.

Pic is of an unripe green (red)Bhut. Kindof looks like a leaf....

Leaf - bacterial spot, acceptable loss given that it rains every now and then.  Grow with the idea that you won't have 100% conversion rate.

Pod - BER.  Calcium uptake issue.  Could be rain long ago, not recently, or actually calcium, or magnesium, or too much nitrogen, or a butterfly farted in a forest in south africa and set off a chain of events...  ;)  Pick the pod and cut off the rotten area to save the rest.

Not sure how this is possible but those spots are only on my Red Bhuts..... The ones in the raised bed and the ones in pots. The ones in the pots are at least 50+ feet away from the ones in the raised bed with a boat and several other things between them.... The ones in pot are right next to a Moruga which is fine. And ones in bed are next to yellow bhuts which are fine...

I sprayed them down real good with some earth tone spray that has pyretherin and this morning some of the spots had lightened up a bit. Tried to wipe the spots off but its embedded into the pod.... I went through each BJ plant and picked all of the infected pods and tossed them in the trash and gave the plants another good spray with the ET....

Back