• Please post pictures and as much information as possible.

Datils gone bad...

These should be Datils but clearly they're not...
At least they taste pretty good and are brutally HOT.
Any idea? Some hybrid (like red datil)? Totally different variety?

Dat001.jpg

Dat002.jpg

Thanks!

Datil

I have Red Datils, I spent hours looking around for pics at different sites before I could confirm my beliefs. I learned they are a stable cross between Red Habs or some other Red Chinese and Datils, it all depends on the heat and flavore.
IMG_0120.jpg

I have Red Datils, I spent hours looking around for pics at different sites before I could confirm my beliefs. I learned they are a stable cross between Red Habs or some other Red Chinese and Datils, it all depends on the heat and flavore.
IMG_0120.jpg

Surface seems smoother than mines but thanks for the pic!
Some sites report Red Datil is some red chinense x Datil but i suspect is maybe Jalapeno x Datil. Hows the taste/heat?

Cya

Datil

i picked up some 'ghost pepper' seeds last year that ended up looking exactly like that. i was initially extremely disappointed they weren't ghost peppers, but after i ate one whole right from the plant and spent the next half hour hyperventilating in the basement i decided that they'd do. i ended up drying several hundred of them and making a dozen or so small jars of pepper flakes. just a small pinch can ruin meals for normal people.

looks like either red savina or naga morich to me

Never tried a savina but his one is WAY hotter than my habs and bonda ma jacques.
I'm growing Naga Morich side by side and i find both plants and pods slightly different, heat is similar though and i cant decide what is hotter. I think it's probably some Naga hybrid or relative at this point.

Thanks all for the input

Datil

Back