• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

Daves Insanity is.................

Actually a very edible sauce heat wise. Someone bought me a bottle a while back and I never opened until today. Its nowhere near as hot as I thought it was going to be. I used a good 1/4 of the bottle on my lunch today.

There is something about the taste Im not liking though, I cant place it.

It's funny, I tasted it last night for the first time too.

Necrocannibal said:
Actually a very edible sauce heat wise. Someone bought me a bottle a while back and I never opened until today. Its nowhere near as hot as I thought it was going to be. I used a good 1/4 of the bottle on my lunch today.

There is something about the taste Im not liking though, I cant place it.

I tried the Insanity and the Total Insanity last night...here is a pic of my taste setup...

davesinsanityreviewon6.jpg
[/IMG]

The Insanity was pretty good but I liked the Total Insanity better. It was not as hot but it has garlic in it.

I agree with you on the "a very edible sauce" part.

Necrocannibal said:
Yeah I was surprised it was as tame as it is. So Total Insanity isnt as hot? Or the other way around?
Which sauce tasted better?

I didn't think the Total was hotter...just more garlic...it was warm, mind you...but to me not as hot as the regular insanity was. They both tasted good to me...but I liked the Total better because of the garlic.

i have an unopened bottle of the original insanity sauce that i received as a christmas gift. haven't tried it before either.. the ultimate insanity is pretty hot though. when i first bought that stuff, i used it without dilution to marinate a couple small pork chops. it was pretty good and my roommate didn't want to finish his, so i ate that too. :hell:

my favorite is the hurtin' habanero. great flavor, enough heat to know you're eating spicy food. the grocery store here actually sells two varieties of their sauce, forget which ones, and i'd buy them if i didn't already have a bunch of open sauce in the fridge, and about as many unopened bottles of sauce waiting for their turn tobe consumed.

I get a dried chilli aftertaste (might be the extract I'm not sure) which puts me off. Too hot for me to pour direct on my food but not bad if you want to spice up a soup or marinade.

stillmanz said:
I get a dried chilli aftertaste (might be the extract I'm not sure) which puts me off. Too hot for me to pour direct on my food but not bad if you want to spice up a soup or marinade.

I used the total insanity in bloody mary's saturday night and it was absolutely wonderful....used 3-4 big drops...hot but not too hot to drink...made me sweat..

AlabamaJack said:
I used the total insanity in bloody mary's saturday night and it was absolutely wonderful....used 3-4 big drops...hot but not too hot to drink...made me sweat..

Exctract sauces are always best when it comes to Bloody Mary's. But the best to do is Defcon Zero or 1 in a bloody mary. No nasty keytone taste to it but all the great heat!

imaguitargod said:
Exctract sauces are always best when it comes to Bloody Mary's. But the best to do is Defcon Zero or 1 in a bloody mary. No nasty keytone taste to it but all the great heat!
================================
In bloody Mary's? Zero is too precious to me for that. I use it in chicken marsala that I make for my wife.

Interesting thought though.....

I use it in cooking precisely because it doesn't have that ketone taste. Imagine that in a subtle marsala wine sauce. Yuck.

I wonder if the Creator would be willing to market some zero for use other than collecting? .....I'm running low, and don't want to crack the seal on that batch #3 in its nice display case.

"I wonder if the Creator would be willing to market some zero for use other than collecting? "

You may be quite happy that your wishes just might come through this year. We've been inundated with your request from tons of people, and I feel your pain (no pun intended). We are looking to be able to market it on a much larger scale. We're just working on the logistics. As you know, it's not the easiest stuff to make.

rainbowberry said:
Does anyone know if it has the same kind of taste as Mad Dog? I want to try this but mad Dog has put me off extract sauces.
============================
Actually, Rainbowberry, Defcon 0 is the "un" extract. The Creator has a special process that does not involve the use of ketones, and thus loses most, if not all, of the chemical bite.

You will like this extract. It is like no other..

Creator, Let me know. I'm on your email list. I'd love to have a steady supply.

Thanks for that Staffing but what about Daves Insanity sauce (any of the ones he does). You can get them off most websites over here (I haven't seen Defcon in the UK) but after Mad Dog I'm wary about trying Daves Insanity or even Blairs.

rainbowberry said:
Thanks for that Staffing but what about Daves Insanity sauce (any of the ones he does). You can get them off most websites over here (I haven't seen Defcon in the UK) but after Mad Dog I'm wary about trying Daves Insanity or even Blairs.

Rainbowberry, we do ship to the UK. The ZERO will be available later this year. if you'd like, shoot me an e-mail through our website and get on the mailing list. When this stuff becomes available, it sells out FAST!

Just on the issue of DAVE'S, the carribean dave's is really good! It is really the only Dave's I like.

I will check out your site too Defcon.

DEFCON Creator said:
I'm not sure if you were talking to me, but like I said, we do ship to the UK, and do so quite frequently. No one has approached us about distributing in the UK, but we'd be up for it.
Yes I did mean you Defcon. I've heard so many good comments about your sauce that I thought it would be great to be able to get it from the UK.

rainbowberry said:
Yes I did mean you Defcon. I've heard so many good comments about your sauce that I thought it would be great to be able to get it from the UK.

Like I said, we do ship a lot to the UK. Usually people will gather to gether a decent sized order (5-6 bottles) in order to save on the shipping. We send everything out USPS EMS, so it only takes about 3-5 days to receive the products. If you like shoot me an e-mail on what you'd like to get and I can get you a quote on the shipping. I'd prefer if you could send me an e-mail through our website.

Back