• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Dead buds... ?

need help guys , hope ya'll can help.....
This is whats going on....
I have two red fatali plants about 16 inches tall
They Y..ed at about 14 inches , both have buds right at the Y , but their drying up befor they actually flower !
Is this normal ... If not what action should I take and prevent this from happening again ?

The plant's not totally happy, but that doesn't mean it's a big problem. The plant will protect itself by offing the buds or flowers when it's too stressed, and sometimes when just too young. You need to find out what is stressing them. Insufficient or too much water? Not enough light? Not enough or too much ferts? Bugs? More info about what else is going on with the plants and even pics will help us help you.

But yeah, like Guy said, it happens. Not necessarily a cause for worry.

Well the plants look heathy , their in 5gal pots...
Getting watered every other day , one tomato plant food one normal water anf so on .....
But now you guys mention stress ... It could be the heat passed 3 weeks it been 95° -102°

If they are sitting on a concrete patio or drive that heat would do it ! The fellas are talking about root issues as stress causes. I have had squirrels plant pecans in a pot! I hit the Guyana with Morbloom ,everything then 2 weeks later a pecan shoot appeared ! Geeme mentioned bugs those white grubs love containers too ! Good luck !

Oh..tomato food is usually higher in Nitrogen which can cause bud drop !

A bump in Phosphorus may help if it isn't abprting flowers from heat and high nitrogen. Phosphorus, which is the middle number in a fert analysis (NPK), helps to establish flower blooms and fruit set.

Thank you sir Ill look for something to help 'em
What would you recomend thats easy to get HD or Lowes ?

Back