• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Defcon 2 My review

Well, what can I say.

This stuff is also great :)

After having a good old whiff if this stuff, I could tell it was not far off Defcon 3 in aroma and I suspected taste. Only real difference I could smell was maybe a bit more vinegar.

I was eager to try it so in went my little finger. The flavour, which I concentrated on first, was great. Just like Defcon 3 really. See my review here:
http://www.thehotpepper.com/showthread.php?t=1900

I really love the taste of this stuff.

As for the burn. The bottle describes it as medium heat. Well it's about right. There is definatly more of a burn feeling then the warm feeling of Defcon 3. However, it's not overwhelming.

I even gave my wife some telling her it was defcon 3 :mouthonfire: lol. She loved the stuff. She isn't one for hot food etc but like a bit of chili etc. She said it did burn a bit but not in a bad way.

So I tried some on some scrambled eggs as I did with the Defcon 3. I added about 5 or 6 drops of the Defcon 2 to the eggs before putting them in the pan. After scrambling up the eggs I put them on a plate and had them straight up. Not in sandwich form etc. Well that same great taste was definatly there. The burn was also there to add the the pleasurable experience. Man, those scrambled eggs were good with this stuff!

Later on we cooked up some fresh chili, using some hot fresh chili's we bought from a local shop. I added about 2 - 3 drops of the Defcon 2 to about half a plate of the chili and mixed it in.

WOW! It was great. The flavour was slightly subdued with the chili's and chili powder we had used to make the chili. The burn added to that of the other ingredients. It didn't tip it off the scale though.

All in all this is a great sauce. If you want a slightly hotter version of Defcon 2 then this is the one for you. That great flavour is still there and it's hotter. I think I'll find this one will be gone just as quick as Defcon 3 lol.

I'm finding I am adding this to near enough everything I eat! Anyone else find that?

This one also has a very fresh taste to it. COOL! I think this one is also getting me addicted lol. Whilst writing this I've had the bottle out at least 7 times to dip into lol. I can't get enough!

I really do love this stuff. Highly recommended to everyone. I'm sure everyone here has tried it, but if not, Get Some asap! This one also deserves the awards it has won.

Again, a big round of applause for the Creator for a devine hot sauce.

Back soon with a write up for Defcon 1.

I make "New Jersey Clam Chowder" with Defcon's stuff. Just take some NE Clam chowder and add the Defcon of your choice. It's even better if you make the soup homemade.

dreamtheatervt said:
I make "New Jersey Clam Chowder" with Defcon's stuff. Just take some NE Clam chowder and add the Defcon of your choice. It's even better if you make the soup homemade.

That's a new one.

Well after reading a whole ton of stuff on Defcon sauces, I finally found some to buy at a local shop(sorry, can't purchace on-line). All they had left was Defcon 2 & 3, so Defcon 2 it was. Now when I tried this in the store my tastebuds were fried from other sauces, but the one thing that reached out was the flavor. The vinager, I'm OK with(as I love the stuff), but man what taste. I hate to insult Defcon Creator when I say FRANKS, but MAN if you could gain half the market that stuff has, you'd put them out of business in no time, truely a fantastic flavored sauce.
Looking forward to the others.

DEFCON Creator said:
Thanks Chris. If you don't mind telling me, which store didn't have the #1 stuff? Just curious.

It was Taste the 4th Sense in Toronto & I must say they have come around in terms of a decent shop.

Chris Kewley said:
It was Taste the 4th Sense in Toronto & I must say they have come around in terms of a decent shop.

How good was their selection? Any varieties come to mind? I haven't been on the Danforth for a couple of years. If they have a lot to offer I'll make the trip south and grab some greek for lunch do some shopping.

Hot Canuck said:
How good was their selection? Any varieties come to mind? I haven't been on the Danforth for a couple of years. If they have a lot to offer I'll make the trip south and grab some greek for lunch do some shopping.

I can't remember if it was you that I told the shop was nothing special, I guess I was there early on, but man they have turned things around. Very nice selection, nothing to big though.
Blair's
Defcon
Uncle Big's
CaJohns
Are some that I remember.
But I've been told that a better shop resides inside St.Lawrence Market & will be heading down there this Saturday, will report back.

Chris Kewley said:

Cool. I'll drop Gerry a line. Next time you're in there, mention you want it back in stock. If we double team him, it'll show up. :lol:

I used to work near, and shop at St Lawrence. Meat and seafood selection is amazing. I don't recall a sauce vendor though, and I don't see one listed on the market website.

Danforth sounds like it's now worth the trip ( yes, it was me you answered before ).

Thanks for the info.

Hot Canuck said:
I used to work near, and shop at St Lawrence. Meat and seafood selection is amazing. I don't recall a sauce vendor though, and I don't see one listed on the market website.

Danforth sounds like it's now worth the trip ( yes, it was me you answered before ).

Thanks for the info.
Yea I shop there every week & have yet to see a vendor, mind you I don't head downstairs. I think the name that was given to me was The Instant Caterer.

Chris Kewley said:
Yea I shop there every week & have yet to see a vendor, mind you I don't head downstairs. I think the name that was given to me was The Instant Caterer.

Well, if they carry Defcon 1, please let me know. I'd rather go there than Danforth, as I can hit the Jersey Giant or Hernandos for lunch.

Back