• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Defcon 3 My review

Yesterday my order of two defcon 3's and 2's (one for me and one for the inlaw) and one Defcon 1 arrived.

Very well packaged in a big box with lots of bubble wrap etc etc. Also a couple of calenders, leaflets, cards etc The cards and leaflets have already been dished out.

Today I thought I'd open up Defcon 3 and try it. I took in the bottle and the label. Wow, it's really good. I loved the wax seal. And to be honest I really considered leaving it alone as it looks so cool. I managed to twist the top and the wax split 2 inches or so down on the bottle in a perfect line/circle around the bottle. Is it designed this way? If so: COOL!

So I can now unscrew the cap and with a tug pull off most of the wax in one peice. Leving behind the bottom bit where the bottle widens. I can also put it back on in one peice, so it all looks great :)

The aroma. Well, it's a nice one lol. Useless with descriptions but it smells kinda how it tastes, and I dont have the bottle with me at the moment to have a sniff and give a deeper thought/view on it.

First test was the trusty shake and stick in your little finger lol. (I know I wrote about the aroma first but that actually came after the finger test lol)

Well, TBH it was not what was expected. The reason? Well this is a wing sauce basically. In the restaurants over here wing sauces are usually sweet barbeque sauces :( So I expected something like that.

At first I likened it more to tabasco :onfire: But having recently had tabasco (apologies, it's all we had at work :lol: ) I concentrated a bit more on it rather then just gulping it down so it barely spends any time with my "buds" lol. I tried another little finger test. I let my taste buds absorb the flavour. Man, it is nice. Really can taste the peppers, which is a great break from the so called chili sauces I've tried before where you get some burn with no taste of the peppers. Again, I'm not the best with descriptions but it really is a nice sauce, and infact, Nothing like tabasco. Excellent

As is described, it is the mildest form of defcon. There was a slight warming sensation, but no way near a burn. I think it will go down well at family bashes.

I then scrambled up some eggs with Defcon 3 added. I probably used about a table spoon and a half on them. I made it into a sandwhich and devoured it lol. It definatly had the defcon 3 taste to the eggs. Which was nice. Not sure if the warming feeling was down to the warmth of the eggs or the sauce.

I have a feeling this bottle of Defcon 3 will be finished in a matter of days lol. I really like it that much. I think I'll order more next time.

Oh and it tastes really fresh! This stuff has a really fresh taste to it. I mean thinking of it is getting my mouth watering! I only had some less then an hour ago lol. I want more.

If there is anyone here that has not tried this stuff (highly unlikely) THEN WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN DOING! Order some up! You won't regret it. I think I am already addicted to it!

Highly recommended! Fully deserves the awards it has won.

Top marks to the creator, for excellent communication and an excellent product!

I'll move on to try Defcon 2 and 1 over the next few days.

Oddly enough, I tried it on eggs as well and liked a lot.

However, Mrs Shooty* did me some wings specially so we could try it (I'm not a wing man: I believe that God only wanted us to eat the breast, and if legs and wings were REALLY special, He would have made them boneless. I still hope, one day, to create a genetically modified Chicken with no bones, or (at a push), bones made of candy).

Anyway, try it with wings! Try it! Try it! Also works on other chicken, too, like cold cuts. Trust me.

The Iron Tongue said:
I managed to twist the top and the wax split 2 inches or so down on the bottle in a perfect line/circle around the bottle. Is it designed this way? If so: COOL!
I believe so, because all of my bottles did that too...I wonder how Defcon got them to do that....

The Iron Tongue said:
I then scrambled up some eggs with Defcon 3 added. I probably used about a table spoon and a half on them. I made it into a sandwhich and devoured it lol. It definatly had the defcon 3 taste to the eggs. Which was nice. Not sure if the warming feeling was down to the warmth of the eggs or the sauce.
Wait until you try this with Defcon Condition 1!!! Wooooowie is it good. I'm actually about to go do this in a few minutes. I just got up (sipping my coffee, checking this site plus Rense for the news and Craigslist for some jobs.)

DEFCON Creator said:
Ancient secret from the Halls of the Homunculi.
Why did I know that response was coming :onfire:

I can just see Defcon wairing a red robe, standing in his garadge, surounded by his plataes of Defcon 1-3 and various Homunculi shouting;
"Ancient spirits of Evil, please transform this decayed bottle top to Defcon-Wax-Top, The Ever Opening!!!"

imaguitargod said:
Why did I know that response was coming ;)

I can just see Defcon wairing a red robe, standing in his garadge, surounded by his plataes of Defcon 1-3 and various Homunculi shouting;
"Ancient spirits of Evil, please transform this decayed bottle top to Defcon-Wax-Top, The Ever Opening!!!"

THUNDERCATS HOOOOOO!!! LOL!

Pileiton, you coming to NM to join us in the chaotic maelstrom known as The Fiery Foods Show?

Shooty* said:
Thundercats. Ace. THAT'S what i was meaning to download. It's been bugging me for ages.
Yep, I just finished watching all the seasons. Brought back alot of memories (and made me realise how many "occult" and "secret society" symbols where in that show...wow). I actually read the credits at the end of each show, did you know they had a psychological consultant working for them?

I'm eating my Defcon Condition 1 (with a splash of Condition Zero) scrambled eggs right now....mmmmm....a better wake me up than coffee....

There's a cracking picture of Cheetara giving Lion-O a whole new reason to shout "Hooooooooooo!" somewhere on the web...

can't find it right now though...

Shooty* said:
There's a cracking picture of Cheetara giving Lion-O a whole new reason to shout "Hooooooooooo!" somewhere on the web...

can't find it right now though...
"Lion-Oh! Oh! Oh!"

Ya, I think I've seen that pic too ;)

Oh ya! I forgot to post this, great review Iron Tongue! I can't wait to read your thoughts on Condition 2 and 1!

Don't know. I'll have to check the details. I won't know until the last minute. I might stay with relatives so I don't have to worry about a hotel and I think my cousin still works for a travel agency so I can get a last minute deal.

Shooty* said:
Oddly enough, I tried it on eggs as well and liked a lot.

However, Mrs Shooty* did me some wings specially so we could try it (I'm not a wing man: I believe that God only wanted us to eat the breast, and if legs and wings were REALLY special, He would have made them boneless. I still hope, one day, to create a genetically modified Chicken with no bones, or (at a push), bones made of candy).

Anyway, try it with wings! Try it! Try it! Also works on other chicken, too, like cold cuts. Trust me.

Tried it on some chicken breast. (agree with you re bones lol) Was very very nice. I'm going shopping in a few days. Will certainly pick up some wings :)

Funnily enough just tried Defcon 1 ;) I'll get on with posting up a review of it and Defcon 2 later tonight. Right now we are making some fresh chili :) Have added some fresh chilis and chili powder. Will seperate a portion later and add defcon 2 or 1 :cool:

Just to add:

I had some of this on some Domino's pizza (cheese and tomato) with a side of chicken strips and wedges.

LOVELY!

I really cant get enough of this.

Back