• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Defcon Habby Horse - not a review, more a comment

I've probably tried 100+ kinds of horseradisha in my life. Love horseradish & have been eating it for 34 years (since I 1st tries it at 7). I'm not a big prime rib guy, so if I have it, it MUST be slathered in horseradish.

At my football party on Sunday the Habby Horse by Defcon stole the show. I made a special batch of Hot Sauce just for the folks who came to my BBQ, and it was very well received, but all anyone could talk about was the horseradish.

17 people, 15 who love heat and every one said the same thing: best horseradish they've ever had. I agree completely - I had 15 lbs of marinated tri tip - half Santa Maria, half herb encrusted rosemary garlic. The Habby Horse was slathered on every bite. I threw on some of my hot sauce with it and it was heavenly - the Habby Horse has such a distinct taste/burn that it doesn't step on the food or even other sauces with it. It was an amazing compliment to the me-rare tri-tip, regardless of variety. It was tasty on the garlic-artichoke sausages. It added huge flavor to the food and left a fantastic 10-15 min burn on the lips.

I cannot say enough positive things about this product - I will be ordering it again very soon. I LOVE the Habby Horse and I'm a huge fan!

Well done Defcon!!!

Thanks for the tip!

I'm a big horsey fan myself, so I'll definitely be ordering some.
On a tri tip sounds fekkin' awesome!

it was spectacular. Regardless of the marinade, every bite was heaven. Even with my lips burning a "no no no" my brain kept saying "yes yes yes" and eating more. So good!

I'm not much of a raw oyster guy, but on cooked oysters I'm betting it'd be awesome.

Ps - I believe he has a hotter version too, but I'm not a "chili head" - this was perfect for me, but if you want HOT, I'm pretty sure the hot Defcon makes will satisfy your tastes!

That is the hot one, the mild is Habby Pony.

Back