Defcon Update...Things in the works....

Greetings all, from Defcon Headquarters! I trust everyone had a safe and happy 4th of July. I spent most of the day grinding Orange Habaneros, so I had plenty of my own fireworks (Nature has a habit of calling at the worst time). Anyway, I figured I’d throw out an update, as I haven’t sent one out in a little while, and we have some really cool stuff in the works.

Our sphere of influence is growing in size nicely. We recently hit a pretty cool landmark of 100 stores nationwide! Some of the very recent additions to the Defcon Family are:
Hudson Greene Market in Jersey City, New Jersey
Healthy Living Market in South Burlington, Vermont
Clements Market in Portsmouth, Rhode Island
BBQ Aroma in New South Wales, Australia
We will also be on the shelves in Brookshires in various locations in Texas as well very soon.

It seems the legend of our products has reached across the globe, as we have gotten an ever-increasing number of orders overseas, which always a good thing. Just off the top of my head, some of the brand new, international assimilations are Finland, Israel, and Spain, to name a few.

As many already know, we will be heading to New Orleans the weekend of July 16th, for a first ever Defcon Frog Legs Eating Deathmatch! It should be beyond funny watching the frogs get their revenge on the human consumers. In addition to this event, we will be releasing a VERY limited collectible, the NOLA 2011 ZERO! It’s a cool little bottle, and I’m only making 25 of these beauties. I will have them on hand at the show, so track me down, as we will only be there from Friday evening to early Sunday morning! It shouldn’t be hard to find me, as I will have the full Creator costume on. If any are left after the show, the remaining units will be available online, so if you can’t make the show, and know someone who is going, tell them to find me.

Since we’re talking about ZERO stuff, I have been receiving a growing number of requests, asking when our next ZERO Batch Reserve will be coming out, as we haven’t released one in a couple of years. Well, by popular demand, we are currently working on the ZERO BATCH #6! We decided to go a little retro with the packaging, not only because it looks cool, but it allows us to keep the price down, as many don’t have as much disposable cash in this crappy economy. Keep an eye out for the release date, as these will probably sell out fast.

We also have an all-new product to be released later this year. As many of you know, we only release new products every year or two, so it’s time. This product will be released in an ultra cool bottle to start, and then in regular bottles after that. The label is going to crack you up, as it’s completely different from any previous label we’ve released. I’m putting an extra dash of my own personal evil into each vessel, so you can share my pain and agony within the confines of your own home.

We’ve got a number of events coming up, including one of our annual favorites, the No Sleep ‘Til Brooklyn event at Duff’s Brooklyn, an iconic thrash bar down deep in Brooklyn, NY, where we’ll once again be serving up FREE Defcon wings to the masses from 9pm-4am. It’s on Saturday, August 27th, 168 Marcy Ave, in the Williamsburg section, go to www.duffsbrooklyn.com for more information. Planning on coming? Remember to bring your freak on!

Then it’s off to Bowers, PA for the 16th Annual Chile Pepper Festival, on September 9-10th. It’ll be our first time doing this show, as there was always a scheduling conflict. This festival has grown over the years, and I’ve been asked to attend for years now. Dozens of vendors will be serving up some of the best heat-infused culinary masterpieces you can find, oh yeah, including our wings! Go to www.pepperfestival.com for more information.

After Bowers, we gear up again, and invade Fairfield, OH for the 2011 Weekend of Fire at Jungle Jim’s on October 1-2nd. We have done this event every year since its inception, and it honestly gets larger and larger every year. In addition to the multitudes of vendors inside, there will be an entire outdoor area, where grillmasters will be able to please even the most discriminating foodie. Of course, the Main Event will happen on Saturday night, immediately after the show, the annual National Championship Defcon Wing-Eating Deathmatch. If you haven’t witnessed one of these yet, they are funny as Hell. If you dare, take a seat, at the Table of Virtue, and attempt to dethrone the current reigning champion! For more information, go to www.junglejims.com/weekendoffire.

We’ve also decided to do a local farmers market, here in Springfield, NJ on Mondays from 12-6pm, from now until Halloween. We’re happy with the turnout so far, and I have a feeling we’ll be doing many more of these in the future.

All in all, things are going very well for us, and we are quite pleased with our steady growth, and look forward to continuing it. We thank each and every one of you for your support, as you have allowed us to pursue a dream which is steadily becoming a very cool reality.

Creator out…………..​

Back