Defcon's Annual 15% sale is ON!

THE ANNUAL DEFCON SAUCES SALE IS ON!

That's right folks, we here at Defcon Sauces are proud to announce that our annual sale is now in effect through Superbowl Sunday, 2010!

All individual items are now 15% off!**

We usually offer this sale in January as our Superbowl Special, but seeing as everyone's a little tight on cash, we're going to make your shopping season that much easier.

Remember to enter the Coupon Code : Sbowl2010 in the Coupon Code space.

If you don't follow this step, you don't get the 15% off!

To make sure you get your stuff in time for the upcoming holidays, order as soon as possible, so you won't have to pay for the high price of expedited shipping!

As usual, we're pretty god at getting orders out within 24-48 hours after the order is received, and will do our best to keep up our quick turnaround as the holiday season gets closer, but realize that shipping companies (USPS, Fedex, UPS) tend to slow down this time of year, due to their large volume increase.

NOTE : We have less than 10 bottles of DM-MKII remaining. As most of you know, this was a limited release, and once these bottles are gone, the DM-MKII will be discontinued, never to be seen again by the eyes of men. We are diligently working on its successor, the DM-MKIII, which should be available soon.

Also, the 2009 release of the ZERO is going quickly as well. These little gems were a big hit this year, as has been seen by how many of them now have new homes. Once these are gone, it won't be until probably late summer next year, before you see the next release available.

** - This offer does not include any of our assortment packs (Gift Pack, Leviathan, Colossus, Galactus or Uber-Pack)​

DEFCON Creator said:
THE ANNUAL DEFCON SAUCES SALE IS ON!

That's right folks, we here at Defcon Sauces are proud to announce that our annual sale is now in effect through Superbowl Sunday, 2010!

???

No offense but you gotta get some cheaper shipping. I just read this, went to order and when it said $42.00 to ship two bottles to Canada via USPS I cancelled. I know I'm in another country but I'm only 340 miles away. That would be about $60 US for a bottle of 1 and a bottle of 2. Sorry but thats not worth it.:(

chillilover said:
No offense but you gotta get some cheaper shipping.

We ship ALL international shipments via USPS EMS, so we can track it to your door. We got killed with 'missing' shipments using 'cheaper' shipping, as all packages disappear (become untrackable) as soon as they cross the border. I wasn't too happy having to ship the same package 2 or 3 times to various locations internationally at my cost.

It doesn't matter the mileage away you are, it's the Customs charges that are the killer.

DEFCON Creator said:
We ship ALL international shipments via USPS EMS, so we can track it to your door. We got killed with 'missing' shipments using 'cheaper' shipping, as all packages disappear (become untrackable) as soon as they cross the border. I wasn't too happy having to ship the same package 2 or 3 times to various locations internationally at my cost.

It doesn't matter the mileage away you are, it's the Customs charges that are the killer.

We only get charged tax for a usps shipment that crosses the border. 13% of 15.00 is $1.95.

chillilover said:
We only get charged tax for a usps shipment that crosses the border. 13% of 15.00 is $1.95.

Ok, I don't understand your point. We charge what WE are charged, and you're arguing that we charge too much? Sorry, there's a logic step missing...What exactly are you accusing me of?

As I explained, we tried 'cheaper' postage, but the delivery screw-ups sucked, and were extremely expensive to fix, therefore we don't use the 'cheaper' option anymore.

basically chillilover ain't paying carriage charges whoever is charging them.
But i have the answer, chillilover why don't you contact a carrier to pick yous order up for you from defcon!
Or get defcon to send it to you the cheap ass way with no tracking and then get pissed when they vanish.
Sometimes carriage charges put me off but if it is something a bit special, i mean you are getting 15% off

Davetaylor said:
basically chillilover ain't paying carriage charges whoever is charging them.
But i have the answer, chillilover why don't you contact a carrier to pick yous order up for you from defcon!
Or get defcon to send it to you the cheap ass way with no tracking and then get pissed when they vanish.
Sometimes carriage charges put me off but if it is something a bit special, i mean you are getting 15% off

15% of isn't much considering that with shipping it's $60 US. Would you pay over $30 a bottle for wing sauce. I know its good but not that good.

DEFCON Creator said:
Ok, I don't understand your point. We charge what WE are charged, and you're arguing that we charge too much? Sorry, there's a logic step missing...What exactly are you accusing me of?

As I explained, we tried 'cheaper' postage, but the delivery screw-ups sucked, and were extremely expensive to fix, therefore we don't use the 'cheaper' option anymore.

I'm not accusing you of anything. You said custom chages are what's expensive and I'm saying I order tons of stuff shipped USPS and the most I'm charged is the 13% tax at the border. I got 1 bottle from Australia and it was $13 to ship. I'm not saying your over charging just that not many people will pay it and you'll lose a lot of business.

chillilover said:
15% of isn't much considering that with shipping it's $60 US. Would you pay over $30 a bottle for wing sauce. I know its good but not that good.

DEFCON Creator said:

chillilover said:
I'm not accusing you of anything. You said custom chages are what's expensive and I'm saying I order tons of stuff shipped USPS and the most I'm charged is the 13% tax at the border. I got 1 bottle from Australia and it was $13 to ship. I'm not saying your over charging just that not many people will pay it and you'll lose a lot of business.

I have asked Defcon about this in e-mails before as well....but i was able to get his sauce from a Canadian supplier - It was a much smaller bottle (50% smaller - 4oz) and a few bucks more then on his 8oz bottle he has on his website - i guess it depends on how bad ya want it.

What i get from Defcon is he has been paying out of pocket for lost packages and if you don't want to pay the extremely high USPS tracked shipping costs ($60) then don't bother making an order im sure it makes lots of missed business as i cant see anyone paying $60 in shipping for 1 bottle but less headaches as well.

I can relate to chillilover tho sometimes i cant be a bitch to get things into Canada without paying massive amounts in shipping costs.

Looking forward to more replys on this thread as chillilover does make a good point.

LOL! Oh yeah lets get back on topic 15% off is great if i was in the USA i know i would make an order for a few bottles.

Hophead said:
I have asked Defcon about this in e-mails before as well....but i was able to get his sauce from a Canadian supplier - It was a much smaller bottle (50% smaller - 4oz) and a few bucks more then on his 8oz bottle he has on his website - i guess it depends on how bad ya want it.

What i get from Defcon is he has been paying out of pocket for lost packages and if you don't want to pay the extremely high USPS tracked shipping costs ($60) then don't bother making an order im sure it makes lots of missed business as i cant see anyone paying $60 in shipping for 1 bottle but less headaches as well.

I can relate to chillilover tho sometimes i cant be a bitch to get things into Canada without paying massive amounts in shipping costs.

Looking forward to more replys on this thread as chillilover does make a good point.

LOL! Oh yeah lets get back on topic 15% off is great if i was in the USA i know i would make an order for a few bottles.

It was $42 for shipping. It was $60 for two bottles and shipping.

but you have to look at it this way, that $42 shipping is a cast iron 100% 'you will get your order' you you rather pay a lot less and not recieve the order or have it turn up busted and have no comeback?
If defcon sends it out with cheap ass shipping if don't really have to replace any order that go missing, but does so which is good customer service but then leaves him out of pocket, and i'm sure prices would go it in time to recoup losses.
As hophead said it all depends how much you want something.

chillilover said:
I'm not saying your over charging just that not many people will pay it and you'll lose a lot of business.

Not at all, that's why we're in a few Canadian locations:

WWW.CHILLISTAND.COM : ONTARIO, CANADA

WWW.KILLERDESSERTS.COM : ONTARIO, CANADA

WWW.DROOLINDEVIL.COM : SASKATCHEWAN, CANADA

As for Customs charges, I'm talking about what I have to pay to get it over the border, not you.

Dave, you are correct, we had to replace a number of shipments that were either 'lost' or damaged. The cost to replace shipments was stupidly high, so that's why we only use the USPS EMS option. and not the cheap options, you get what you pay for. No matter where in the world you are, it will take normally less than a week to arrive. Less time in transit means less time to get damaged.

Peppers does most of our international shipping (www.peppers.com) and they may have better rates due to their enormous volume they do.

just had a look at 2x 8oz bottles to the UK, $56.10 which ain't too bad. But i might have a chat to my local hot sauce shop and seen if he can/will stock it, his supplier is stateside dunno who it is but they carry around 20000 products so maybe the defcon range is one of them

Back