• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Deficiency? What?

Greetings all!

This is my first post, so hello to all!

I was originally a Pommy, from sunny Middlesborough (JOKE), in the NE of England.

Moved to Australia in 2001.

I am a Science and Chemistry teacher.

I have grown Chillies since 2004. Currently I have Orange Habanero, Serrano, two types of Jalapeno, Firecracker and a few other Unidentifiables.

I have just ordered seeds of Bih Jolokia, Dorset Naga, Aji fish and Thai birdseye.

The climate here is Sub-Tropical, 5-40C.

A question. My plants are in large (30cm) pots. Most are very dark green leaved but the Habanero (though it produces a lot of fruit) has pale green leaves and a Wax Chilli has yellow blotches with rusty centres on its leaves.

The plants have been potted in a whole range of compost and soil mixes (whatever was available at the time) and the two mentioned seem to have some mineral difficiency.

I have started to add a seaweeed fertilizer to the water they get (once every two days) and some general (citrus) fertilizer in granules to the same water.

Any ideas as to the likely difficiency?

Best regards, Rob.
Ballina.

Welcome!

Moved your post.

Welcome from Fort Worth, Texas...

Pics of the plants would help a lot in identifying your problems...

Check the Mg deficiency pic in the link and see if it looks like what you described...there is also a quick key for leaf discoloration problems...

http://www.thehotpepper.com/blog.php?b=50

Back