• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Deficiency?

I have done a search, both on this site and Google, and am still unsure what is going on with my Orange Habanaros. There is yellowing around the leaf edges, and it looks like other pictures of Magnesium Deficiency, but I would like some more opinions. I doubt it's overwatering as I only give them 100mL of water when they need it and no signs of edema. Anyways, here are some pics.

mnWdVVN.jpg

C3aDWPf.jpg

UnhqU1Y.jpg

New growth looks fine, damage to edge, higher areas on the leaves and lighter veins show signs of overdosage of some type of chemical. What type of medium, feeding schedule and how close are the lights to the plant tips? It appears you're using one cup inside another. That could also be an issue with water evaporation. I don't use that method, ...the cup and saucer might be a better idea. That route the oxygen can travel through the bottom of the cup to the roots without restriction.....only my opinion

I've been feeding them with general hydroponics organic bloom liquid fertilizer at half strength. They are growing in Myke's organic potting mix, which is the same as my other peppers, and so far no problems with them. My cfls are about 4 inches from the tallest plants, so maybe about 5 from the habaneros.

I've been using the two cup method to make bottom watering easier. I will take your advice and move to small saucers and see how that works. Thanks for posting.

I've been feeding them with general hydroponics organic bloom liquid fertilizer at half strength. They are growing in Myke's organic potting mix, which is the same as my other peppers, and so far no problems with them. My cfls are about 4 inches from the tallest plants, so maybe about 5 from the habaneros.

I've been using the two cup method to make bottom watering easier. I will take your advice and move to small saucers and see how that works. Thanks for posting.
Your lights may not be a problem, unless they're putting out too much heat. Too much direct heat and excess chemicals can cause discoloration on the bumps or high parts of the leaves. No need to use separate saucers if you have a flat/tray available. Those have channels which allow the flow of air. Simply place the cups in the trays.

Back